Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Changing my application

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by mkrm00, Feb 10, 2019.

1. mkrm00

mkrm00 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hey, I had a few enquires regarding my application. Originally I had planned to join up as a Royal Marine however I ended up applying to the RN as a Marine Engineer as I had lost belief in myself and my ability (I was very unfit and too lazy to do anything about it). I applied and passed the Navy Recruit test. However, after a long hard think ,I decided that I wanted to change my state of mind and 100% go for it without looking back. I have been working very hard this past month to get my fitness up to scratch and admittedly I am still way off the mark however I definitely see progress. I was wondering how would I go about it to change the role I am applying for on my application. Would I need to re-apply online from scratch or would it be better to book an appointment at my AFCO to speak to someone about it?
    Cheers!

2. flakey19

flakey19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Definitely better to speak to someone at your afco in my opinion. I was in a similar situation as I had dropped my application once before, my careers advisor took some convincing before letting me have another crack but we got there in the end *text deleted*. Just make sure you keep your head straight this time!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Speak with your Careers Adviser. They exist to Advise about Careers. :)
    Best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mkrm00

mkrm00 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Ill definitely head down to the AFCO to discuss with my careers adviser as soon as possible then, cheers guys! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Gutted :(

I'm a Marine Engineer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Ha , I’m not clever enough :(

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin