chest feels like its not recovering?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just wondering i tried this new plan out the other day i do my gym and between each set say 15 bicep curls i would do 25-30 press ups then 40 sit ups and 3 pull ups obviously this is very demanding , well for me it is, and i tried to do press ups today and i can still do the same well sorta but its alot more uncomftable? should i just push through it or just give me chest another day rest, ive only rested it for one day

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Sounds like DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

"Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness - Definition
Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) describes a phenomenon of muscle pain and soreness that is felt 12-48 hours following exercise, particularly at the beginning of a new an exercise program, after a change in sports activities, or after a dramatic increase in the duration or intensity of exercise. This soreness is a normal response to unusual exertion and is part of an adaptation process that leads to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build. The soreness is generally at its worst within the first 2 days following the activity and subsides over the next few days."

Taken from this site....

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/doms.htm

After the first session on the well known '100 press ups' plan i couldnt move my arms for 4 days :*text deleted*: so I wouldnt worry too much

Do what I did-Give it another days rest and try some light work on your affected areas (worked for me) and take it from there,or if problems persist consult further guidance from a GP or physio

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks mate i wouldnt say it sore but it just doesent feel that there a 100% ive done 3 x40 press ups today and just left it that great advice though mate :D

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Plummy said:
thanks mate i wouldnt say it sore but it just doesent feel that there a 100% ive done 3 x40 press ups today and just left it that great advice though mate :D
When was your last rest day previous to the session that caused it?.If your anything like me I have to force myself to have a rest day :*text deleted*: because I just want to keep training.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it was the day before i did it on monday had a rest day on tuesday because it felt like a numb exhausted muscle feeling then i carried on today i manage to do the same amount of press ups though? just its more uncomftable?just feels like my muscles deteriarate quicker if you know what i mean? and yea im quite bad i never want to stop training especially because my prmc is on the 17th *text deleted*

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Plummy said:
it was the day before i did it on monday had a rest day on tuesday because it felt like a numb exhausted muscle feeling then i carried on today i manage to do the same amount of press ups though? just its more uncomftable?just feels like my muscles deteriarate quicker if you know what i mean? and yea im quite bad i never want to stop training especially because my prmc is on the 17th *text deleted*
I try and make sure sometimes I have 2 days off in a row after a hard session-after all its the days the body rests that it makes it self stronger.