Chest Infection- Inhaler

James Lavell

Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick question.. does anyone know what happens if you were prescribed an inhaler within the last four years for a chest infection, i spoke to my GP and he says it was nothing to do with asthma and i most definitely do not have asthma?

Does anyone know if i can still join because it was a precaution and not asthma... what happens in the medicals and do i mention it?

I wont with hold the information, but i haven't been asked yet.

Gidion

Reaction score
Im in EXACTLY the same position, spoke to my GP, he said that as it was not asthma, and nothing to do with asthma, i wouldn't even have to mention it.

However, like you, I'm a bit anxious about the medical and not sure what the questionnaire will ask. hopefully it will be something like 'have you ever been diagnosed with asthma?' to which we can both happily say 'NO, *text deleted**text deleted* off'

James Lavell

Reaction score
Hi, I just PMed you about your previous post to see how you were getting on... when is you medical?? have you rung your AFCO about it?

Gidion

Reaction score
I havent rung my afco about it, i though the less they know about it the better. My medical hasn't been booked yet due to me having to wait 5 MONTHS for my army medical docs to be sent off and cleared.

James Lavell

Reaction score
I was told that they get your medical records, so it will show up on there, mine was three years ago so its on paper records, but no asthma!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Quite simply, you need to be 4 years clear of asthma, asthma wheeze or the medical treatment for asthma.

If your doctor erroneously prescribed an asthma treatment for someone that he/she knew didn't have asthma, then all he/she need do is give written confirmation that they had given you the wrong treatment for your condition.

If there is any element of doubt, you will be medically deferred whilst a 4 week peak-flow meter test is undertaken to affirm the misdiagnosis.

Good luck.