Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Chief medical officer- Questions

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by BillyTheKid, May 18, 2019.

1. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I have been refereed to the CMO for a lower leg injury back in December/January, I have provided a 3 month training diary casing my recovery and GPS evidence of running and other activities.

Does anyone who has had a similar situation have any information on their outcome?

Asking for possible outcomes and time frame when i would find out.

Thanks for your time.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It depends what the injury was, whether it's likely to recur, what the prior history is, how long it lasted, whether corrective surgery is required and whether it places the individual in a higher risk category than any other person entering service.

You'll normally get a decision within 2 to 4 weeks.

Fingers-crossed all goes your way. The issue with lower-limb injuries is they are the most common cause of medical discharge during recruit training and the longer the recovery period after injury, the better the odds of success.

3. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping for the best as there was no surgery, recovery was good and I'm keen as mustard to start.

Thanks again

4. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hold out hope, evidence is always good when it comes to these matters.

5. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Cheers guys, been cleared and have a PRMC date now

• Like Like x 6