Choosing your unit?

cliffhanger

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New on here so I thought I would say hello and post my first question.

During training are you asked what unit you want to serve in or do you get told where you are to go once you have passed out?

Thanks alot!!

Mike

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the site.

You can state your preferred unit & where possible the Corps will try to draft you to your first preference.

You have to bear in mind that depending on where a unit is based or about to deploy influences the amount of Commandos that wish to join any given unit- sometimes you will not get your first choice, first attempt.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Age 13 and doing 6.6 minite miles. I am impressed :*text deleted*:

cliffhanger

Reaction score
oops, messed that bit up, needs to read 22 minutes. I do alot of cross country and athletics with school. :D

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Still mate just over 7minite miles that is very good for you age.

rmc_86

Reaction score
Hello Guys, witth regards to choosing your unit, just a quick question I have read the RM website inside out but can't really get an answer.

Are 3 Commando the elite of the Royal Marines or are they a mixture of 40, 42 and 45 Commando?

If not is there any difference between any of them obviously they are doing different things at different times.

Cheers for any replies.

rmc_86

Reaction score
Hello Guys, witth regards to choosing your unit, just a quick question I have read the RM website inside out but can't really get an answer.

Are 3 Commando the elite of the Royal Marines or are they a mixture of 40, 42 and 45 Commando?

If not is there any difference between any of them obviously they are doing different things at different times.

Cheers for any replies.