Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Christchurch shootings: What happened in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Military News and Clips' started by News, Mar 15, 2019 at 5:12 PM.

1. News

News RSS Feed

Mohammed Mahmoud, who was hailed for his response to a London attack, condemns the Christchurch shootings.

Continue reading...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. News

News RSS Feed

A woman driving near one of the mosques attacked in Christchurch says she tried to help the shooting victims.

Continue reading...

3. News

News RSS Feed

Jacinda Ardern says the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch appear to have been "well planned".

Continue reading...

4. News

News RSS Feed

Following the mosque shootings in New Zealand, President Donald Trump addresses white nationalism.

Continue reading...

5. News

News RSS Feed

The city in New Zealand is on high alert after shootings at two mosques killed 49 people.

Continue reading...

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It is an incredibly sad reflection that the irrepairable damage caused to the muslim religion by islamic extremist terrorists makes the barbaric, murderous slaughter of innocents, considered by some, to be less obscene.

Someone 'whatsapped' me horrendous 'live' video clips of the slaughter, within hours of the murders yesterday. It took me a moment before I realised what I was watching. Why?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  7. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    No doubt those who served in Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria will have different views on the matter. Those who were prisoners of war in Burma or experienced kamikazi attacks in the Pacific will have a different view of the Japanese to most, regardless of religion.

8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The shooter certainly planned that his manifesto had a diverse, global reach. Names, slogans and international references were painted onto his kit, including the phrase 'For Rotherham' painted onto a magazine.

• Seen Seen x 3
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  9. Thomo

Thomo New Member

• Seen Seen x 1
  10. News

News RSS Feed

Chief surgeon at Christchurch, Greg Robertson, gives an update on the victims being treated.

Continue reading...

11. News

News RSS Feed

New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern met with members of the Muslim community in Christchurch

Continue reading...

12. News

News RSS Feed

As New Zealand mourns the victims of Friday's shootings, people share messages of solidarity and hope.

Continue reading...

13. rkec

rkec New Member

Those video clips are some of the worst I've seen. Simply no excuse for it. The guy is just a bully taking on unarmed innocent by surprise.

14. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I too saw the uncut video from the shooters mounted head camera. Absolutely horrific, now the legal proceedings will start and cost time and money, I think he should be dealt with another way but I don't think NZ has capital punishment.

I hope the victims families can find solace, if that is even possible after the media coverage etc...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

If someone had messaged me a link to the video clips I'd have a quiet word with them.
    I don't understand why anyone feels the need to share such stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  16. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Videos like this have been shared around the world since the internet and basic video recording began. Technology is great but in instances like this, not so much. It also gives the perpetrator(s) exactly what they want, media coverage and unfortunately every news agency ever will usually post the name and even a photo of the perps as front page news cough daily mail cough. Its disgusting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rkec

rkec New Member

I'm sick to death of the virtue signalers on tv channels out in force and feeding off the blood of the victims to fuel their visions.

They don't know the guy, they've had knowledge of him for less than 24 hours and from a distance of 12,000 miles they feel that they are already qualified to do a psychological analysis on him in order to shut down what I should be allowed to see on my computer. The virtue signalers are almost as sick as the guy himself.

The authorities can do their job, find out what motivated him and what made him click.

So true, totally agree, I wouldn't share it or thank those who share it with me. My feeling is that it shouldn't be taken down and should be available to those who actively want to find it. It does the opposite to what this guy wanted. It inspires immense sympathy for the victims and their families. Reading the comments on the most hardcore of sites, even they are calling him scum.

18. Maths1

Maths1 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Murder of innocents can never be condoned. Religion has nothing to do with it, this was a sadistic killing spree by a twisted egomaniac and his equally twisted associates. Horrific.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @rkec thing is those people who actively seek it aren’t just going to watch just one video they’ll be watching others, it’s human nature to want to see something out of pure curiousity, and in doing so it’s not healthy to be seeing images and videos like that over and over again. I know you didn’t mention it but desensitisation isn’t always a good thing.

There’s only one reason I can think of for the purpose of these websites that actively find and post videos and images like these, and it’s to satisfy the viewers. Satisfaction and videos/images like these should not be together at all, it’s just going to result in a bad outcome.

What’s worrying enough is the amount of people who actually watch this stuff.

20. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If you mean purely video's such as this, I entirely agree. However, do you include videos such as combat footage/ police shooting footage in this?

A website called 'funker530' compiles videos and images such as this, and often it is not to satisfy the viewers but instead to showcase different military tactics, effectiveness etc. It can also be used to highlight the heroism/decision making of those involved.

One good thing that did come out of this video being seen is showing the bravery of some of the everyday people at the mosque at this time, such as Naeem Rashid who was killed trying to overpower the gunman.