Circuit Training / Right Volume?

User1234

Reaction score
The 140 back squat has just been a goal of mine for a while so once I hit it I think I will focus on getting faster and build endurance but until then it is some heavy squats a lots of food!

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My goal is similar at the minute. Getting as close to 80 kg as I can. I am currently around 74-75 kg (172 cm) with a tiny pinch of a yomping belly. Previously was thinking of being lean as *text deleted* to be a quicker runner but I released it won’t help that much. If food is going to be bad I want to have a little bit of a fat reserve.

User1234

Reaction score
I was in a similar position but decided that a bit of extra padding would be more comfortable than being 10% body fat and cold all the time

Mosquito

Reaction score
My goal is similar at the minute. Getting as close to 80 kg as I can. I am currently around 74-75 kg (172 cm) with a tiny pinch of a yomping belly. Previously was thinking of being lean as *text deleted* to be a quicker runner but I released it won’t help that much. If food is going to be bad I want to have a little bit of a fat reserve.
Whilst it'd be nice to go down to CTC looking jacked and ripped as hell, having a slightly higher bodyfat would work too. I've always found it hard to cut down, even when eating clean and exercising regularly. I'm 69kg at 164cm and always have been a short, stocky guy in terms of build but not too heavy. Was 64kg about 3 years ago but I've put a decent bit of leg muscle on since from cycling and lifting which contributes towards it. My idea is with the amount of training you do, it's possible you might lose weight so going in heavy isn't a bad thing because it stops you falling under the minimum.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am also a super hard gainer too, I have never been fat or chubby even when I was eating crap food a long time ago. Some thinks it’s a blessing, for me it sucks. I am not saying I want to dirt bulk but it would be nice to see some gains. And I do eat a lot. Maybe we should start a “Your last meal” thread and share some recipes and help each other get padded. :D Just got Greg Doucette’s The Ultimate Anabolic Cookbook 2.0 (for free obviously) and I am keen on trying some of the recipes.

User1234

Reaction score
I was in a similar enough situation to you about 8 months ago but being the impatient 17 I was I just ate everything, lots of bread eggs and ice cream did the trick now I can focus on eating a small bit better quality but I never counted calories just had an idea of how much protein I was eating. Beer helps too!

Mosquito

Reaction score
I am also a super hard gainer too, I have never been fat or chubby even when I was eating crap food a long time ago. Some thinks it’s a blessing, for me it sucks. I am not saying I want to dirt bulk but it would be nice to see some gains. And I do eat a lot. Maybe we should start a “Your last meal” thread and share some recipes and help each other get padded. :D Just got Greg Doucette’s The Ultimate Anabolic Cookbook 2.0 (for free obviously) and I am keen on trying some of the recipes.
Exactly the same. I've never been "fat" as you say, with a gut and fat face and whatever. It's just weight. In a sense it is a bad thing for making gains though. There's a reason bodybuilders have bulking and cutting seasons; it's like sculpting a statue, you aren't going to get far from chiseling a tiny pebble. Not a huge fan of Greg, I enjoy watching Jeff Nippard for the science side of things and Eric Bugenhagen for getting hyped before lifting because he's insane. But if the book works, that's good. I'm awful at cooking anything that isn't medium-rare steak, so some guidance from people on the forum would be great!

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is a foodie: