circuit training

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
how many people do circuit training? (bodyweight not weights)

this is the only type of upper body training i really do i was wondering if people do other things and what sort of results they achive by doing so.

cheers.

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I only do circuit training.

I can't afford a gym membership and it says in the RM training brochures that circiut training is all you need. (+ running shoes)

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have a look at rosstraining.com for tons of examples of bodyweight circuits etc the possibilities are endless when i've got some more time i'll post up some examples of what I do with just a field and possibly goal posts if you're feeling crazy

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* nice one i wouldnt minds reading that

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes i would like to see that, interested in the goal posts bit now... *text deleted*

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'll post up some examples of what I do with just a field and possibly goal posts if you're feeling crazy

I'm interesting in what that is from a non training perspective :blink:

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Haha... oh no... sounds a bit stranger now you said that *text deleted*

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i do circuit training at the gym ..its probably the hardest type of trainin i do, i set up about 15 stations around the studio e.g. press ups, dips, sit ups, shuttles etc...and just give maximum effort on all of them, it is hard

also include alot of boxin in it aswel, and after going around 3-5 times, im literally crawlin on the floor or *text deleted* dropped *text deleted*

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
At the ABC I go to, we have to do circuit training before we do any technical training. Last Monday we did 500 reps which was an absolute killer, including various of situps like pikes, twists, halfs and so on. Also squat thrusts, burpees, press ups clap, press ups close and wide, star jumps, dorsal raises, box jumps... it takes it out of you aswell!

Then I go a BMF class which is probably better for fitness, maybe not upper body strenght though. At BMF we may run around a goal post and back again with maybe 20 sit ups straight after, then around the post with this time 20 press ups and as soon as your up again you got to keep moving! It's a lung killer as it's interval training!

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*

No, nothing sinister just it's a shame that the simplest looking of sessions are over looked because they seem just that, when in actual fact they are anything but.

For example one of my sessions (over the course of 10 days, with 2 days rest & repeat)

Bleep Test
(full recovery)
15 Press ups > sprint 50m
15 Sit ups > sprint 50m
15 Squats > sprint 50m
15 Burpees > sprint 50m

14, 13, 12 etc etc down to 1 of each exercise

As with everything of that ilk you should be timing it to see improvement

On paper it looks fairly easy but I guarantee you that it's 30 minutes of your life that will stay with you for a while

The 50m part for me is conveniently between 2 goal posts so you can keep the distances ran consistant

I then finish off with 10 sets of 5 pull ups and crawl home to my girlfriend who's lovingly ran a bath and know's she'll get no sense out of the drooling mess that just rolled through the front door for at least an hour!

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
and crawl home to my girlfriend who's lovingly ran a bath and know's she'll get no sense out of the drooling mess that just rolled through the front door for at least an hour!

*text deleted*. Sounds like a good set up.

I'll give something like that a go next week. Getting a few of my mates to come down the beach with me and do some circuits.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted*

No, nothing sinister just it's a shame that the simplest looking of sessions are over looked because they seem just that, when in actual fact they are anything but.

For example one of my sessions (over the course of 10 days, with 2 days rest & repeat)

Bleep Test
(full recovery)
15 Press ups > sprint 50m
15 Sit ups > sprint 50m
15 Squats > sprint 50m
15 Burpees > sprint 50m

14, 13, 12 etc etc down to 1 of each exercise

As with everything of that ilk you should be timing it to see improvement

On paper it looks fairly easy but I guarantee you that it's 30 minutes of your life that will stay with you for a while

The 50m part for me is conveniently between 2 goal posts so you can keep the distances ran consistant

I then finish off with 10 sets of 5 pull ups and crawl home to my girlfriend who's lovingly ran a bath and know's she'll get no sense out of the drooling mess that just rolled through the front door for at least an hour!

Looks good mate, will give that a blast tomorrow i think....
Probaby do poorly as i havnt done any of this sort of training for a while, but cheers for the circuit!