Clairvoyant ( dont know how to spell it)

ChrisL

Reaction score
Lads Went to see a medium last night with our lass! Was a really good night...But i dont *text deleted* wether to believe it or not...! Just wondered wetha u guys believe in life after death

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe in any of that *text deleted**text deleted*e! All bollocks from those money grabbing *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**s.

ChrisL

Reaction score
Maybe soooo thats what i thought BUT...people were *text deleted* messages from relatives and cryin so must be true musnt it

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, all that business isn't really my cup of tea but I usually prefer to steer clear of a subject I know very little about.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe soooo thats what i thought BUT...people were *text deleted* messages from relatives and cryin so must be true musnt it

..........ha

its all coldcalling thats it.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think that people will always believe what they what to believe and see what they want to see.

Most mediums seem to say things that are so generic they can apply to anyone and people aren't going to question something if it’s good or what they want to hear.

It’s like with horoscopes, if your star sign says you are a kind, generous person who has lots of friends you are not going to think to yourself "well, that's a load of bollocks!"

Personally I believe in science, I like to see proof of things before I will categorically believe them. That’s not to say I don’t accept the possibility of life after death, after all if there is then there will be a science behind it, albeit one we don’t yet understand.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I saw on TV once how they do them. i don't know if it's the same for all of them but this is one way of doing it...

once you puchase your ticket to go to the mediums show they have your address (providing you pay by card). You then a few days before the show get a knock at the door, it's an employee of the show pretending to be an averge Joe who has broken down and needs to use the phone to call for help. You being the nice person you are let them in and you get chatting. the persone then starts digging... finding out enough information about you for the medium to wow you at his show.

Like i said it's probably not how they are ALL done but that's how they said they do it on the tv programe. Just a big trick really.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It is of course all generic and bull*text deleted**text deleted*. The kind of questions they ask. Just pisses me off.

"I am looking for a person who has a birthday within one of the twelve months of the year". One of the amazed members of the crowd puts their hands up. Well you get the idea anyway. I just don't get how people are sucked in by the it, there have been plenty of times when they have been exposed but people still waste their time on it.

If they are crying it just means they have been manipulated to think they are talking to a loved one, but they are of course long dead and gone, and I have no tolerance for people in that line of business.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
My auntie's one,
and I think she should get a real job,
she can even tell your fortune over the phone *text deleted*,
some people will pay for anything.

DamageInc85

Reaction score
I like the Derek Akorah show for it's comedic value. The voices he puts on when he's in a trance and 'makes contact' are great.
There's one episode where he's stood in the middle of a room in a trance shouting 'Mary loves *text deleted**text deleted*, Mary loves *text deleted**text deleted*' over and over again. What a tosser. And yes I know, I need to get out more!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 'Only Fools & Horses' where Del, Rodney, Boycie, Trigger, Denzil and Mike attend one hosted by Uncle Albert and his bird, Elsie Partridge? Classic! :laugh:

New Threads