Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Clicking joints

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by copeyadam, Mar 22, 2010.

1. copeyadam

copeyadam New Member

Anyone else get this?

Just over the last week and a bit my joints have started clicking a fair bit. My left knee when I squat, my right knee pretty much whenever I bend it, my left wrist, my elbows when I press up etc.

I'm not too worried at the moment as I think it's going to pass and I've done a lot of reading up about it and apparently lots of people get it and its completely harmless as long as the clicking doesn't hurt.

Although I did have a dull ache in my right knee for a couple of days... It's gone now though.

Anyway just wondering... Anyone else have this?

2. SHUN

SHUN New Member

I get it sometimes, in my right knee i squat, i would not say its painful but feels a lil weird. Also sometimes my elbows or shoulders will click when doing pressups, again no pain. I think its just normal and not too bothered by it.

Having said that might do a bit more research into it.

3. James. R

James. R New Member

Good call Devereux, also loosening off your joints, say by spinning your foot around or kicking out a bit, can help. And for press ups, spin your arms around a bit, throwing a few light jabs into the air and letting your fingers flop and go loose at the end of the punch can - this was part of a boxing warm up i did at a gym.

4. themightyg-notyetbutsoon!

themightyg-notyetbutsoon! New Member

I'm not 100% on this but a physio friend of mine gave me some stretches and resistance exercises for a knee strain i had,

Sit on the ground with your legs out in front of you.
    Imagine you are trying to flatten a ball under your knee and force your legs to the ground if that makes sense?
    hold for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times.

Then keep the same position and stretch forward to your toes for 15 seconds x 3.

Lie on you bed and bend your knee so that your heel is against the edge of the mattress or your bed, your knee should be pointing in the air.
    pull your heel towards you with max effort, then release, then repeat.

Another one was sit on the edge of a chair, legs out in front of you straight (almost like your about to do tri-dips) then raise your legs off the ground and hold for 15 seconds, repeat a few times.

when i was squatting my knee was clicking like crazy but he said that it was relatively normal for clicks.
    So long as there is no discomfort or pain then it should be OK.
    If your worried though I would get it checked out by a physio to see what they say.

5. TOMMY M

TOMMY M New Member

Mine are more of a crunching sound than a clicking but does'nt cause pain, but it is always there going up and down stairs but my physio said long as there no pain should be fine just do more strenth work for the mucsles arond the knee.

Tommy

6. copeyadam

copeyadam New Member

Cheers lads, good to know I'm not the only person with this! It's probably nothing but I think I'm going to see the Doc anyway, only PRMC left now and I keep getting real paranoid that something's going to go wrong! That's the last thing I want! So close yet so far!

7. Matt B

Matt B Royal Marines Commando

Yea I get really bad clicking in my knees, inside them and on top. They are starting to hurt now after runs and then just walking about.

I'm a little worried as i start RT on the 19th!

8. who dares wins

who dares wins New Member

Same here for clicking knee's!
    you get use to it but becomes annoying when you start to think about it.

And to Matt B best of luck!