Coco's PRMC diary

cowcowcachow

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I passed my PRMC (10th - 13th June).

The banter was superb. Everyone had a laugh.

My scores were:

Press ups - 45
Sit ups - 59
Pull ups - 6 (Although the PTI made me do 8 because I didnt have a partner)
3 miler - 9.42 in the best effort half
Beep Test - 10.2
Assult course - 3.50

The first full day is by far the easiest. The 3 miler was a toughy as my running has never been upto scratch but the Gym test is easy. Apart from the countless press ups you have to do for every one doing things wrong.

The second day. Bottom field. A nightmare. This is the first time the Sergeant Major was out with us. And if you think the corporals are tough think again.
You do the whole assult course in bits first so you know what your doing. By this time I was nackered. Then you do the whole thing on a timed run. Which I though was tough but really good fun.

The determination test is hard but not really as hard as I expected. If you got there with some good scores, nothing should stop you getting through the determination test. The hardest bit was "Take Cover". You have to hit the deck wherever you are and Crawl to the officer. If you arent running quick enough, you'll be at the back and have further to crawl and be in a world of *text deleted**text deleted*.

Gym test 2 was the hardest part about the whole week as you dont stand still for 2 hours. Constantly running on the spot (double mark time).

I start RT on the 28th of July. Cant wait.

Advice to people going on their PRMC.
1. Dont give up.
2. Dont scratch in the gym hall.
3 Dont call a Corporal, Sir. He doesnt like it.
4. Dont call an Officer, Corporal. He likes it even less.
5. Dont walk anywhere. If your told to do something. Run and do it.
6. Remember... Its only 3 days...

Luke023

Reaction score
thank you for taking the time to write that out. you have given me a boost of confidence now, just wondering what questions they asked you in the interview to do with corps knowledge

Luke023

Reaction score
ive looked at that and got the sheet but wanted to know what the relevant quetions are

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well...all of them. it's to test your general knowledge of 3 cdo

Babybell

Reaction score
3 Dont call a Corporal, Sir. He doesnt like it.
4. Dont call an Officer, Corporal. He likes it even less.
Congrats on passing!

I can see myself accidently doing one of these two things as I usualy end up being the unfortunate soul to do the really daft thing.

Thinking about it I hope that it is something like that and not something bigger :weird:

S

Sotiris

Good effort mate.

Thanks for that post, stokes up the fires of excitement within me!

cowcowcachow

Reaction score
just wondering what questions they asked you in the interview to do with corps knowledge

Luke. My Corprol took my entire team in a room and had a chat with us. Askin bout wether I was enjoying myself and what I was finding hard. Stuff like that. Only knoledge questions I got asked were about RT. You've already passed a formal interveiw so dont worry bout the interveiw. One of the corporals took his team into a room with a book of the corps history to ask them questions. But that was just a banter thing. They dont really mind too much. Dont worry.