Coffee

0.01%

Reaction score
Alright lads, just a quick question about caffeine and how it might effect your CV performance.

I've drank coffee for years, not every day but most days and on average I will have at least a couple of cups but could end up downing anything up to 5 or 6. I don't do this for any other reason than I simply enjoy it, and the slight buzz you get is obviously a nice by product. Sounds a lot of coffee but it is not at a stage where I need to be drinking coffee as such, as I have gone weeks with out it and don't suffer any of the so called withdrawal symptoms that some describe who are apparently addicted to caffeine....I just like it so miss it! On top of this I have the occasional diet Coke, and also Red Bull...this has all been increased since I cut way back on alcohol. So all in all you can see that I do drink quite a lot of caffeine, a lot more than I imagine would be recommended by experts.

Basically I was wondering if anybody had any more in depth knowledge of the effects of caffiene, specifically long term use, on the body and how it may hurt / help (?!) you in the long run. Might just be worth adding that I have run an hour or so after drinking a coffee as well as just a normal run with just food and water and haven't really noticed a difference. Also I notice Nigel Reo-Coker (ex West Ham, now Villa player) drinks a can of Red Bull in the tunnel prior to coming out on to the pitch, and that confused me as I thought that would be a bad thing to do!

So any advice would be greatly appreciated fellas.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Coffee is a mild diaretic, and has the same effects. So it will make you piss loads, thus not retaining the water you need.

Also it can raise your heartrate....

....but all the affects are minimal, and i thing Coffee has zero calories.

As for Red Bull, i dont touch the stuff, and i think its over rated.

0.01%

Reaction score
Coffee is a mild diaretic, and has the same effects. So it will make you piss loads, thus not retaining the water you need.

Also it can raise your heartrate....

....but all the affects are minimal, and i thing Coffee has zero calories.

As for Red Bull, i dont touch the stuff, and i think its over rated.
Yeah raised heart rate doesn't sound too good.

I drink loads of water, all day every day so not worried about that side of it.

Cheers for the reply.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Although coffe is a diaretic, if just having it as a cup of coffee the effects of the diaretic are far outweighed by the water that you have with the coffee, so wouldnt worry too much there.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing will ever stop me from drinking 8 Cups of "Proper" Coffee a day!.. Ive got an addiction to the stuff. God Knows how i got it, But seriously i don't have like 8 Cups a day i feel like sh*t!. I Just have to have the stuff i love it!..

Makes me feel awesome lool :laugh:

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't drink coffee but I drink tea which has less caffeine in it. I have around
3 - 5 cups a day.

But a cup of tea with my breakfast will hardly affect my CV I do afterwards with it? After a hard session of weights and CV I always have a nice cuppa! Though as a rule I don't drink any caffeine after 9 o'clock, as obviously it can keep you awake but it can also reduce your quality of sleep meaning you are less refreshed.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Tis not good at all, it drains your adrenal glands for energy. I'd advise you to cut back if you feel that you rely on it, I don't think you'll be able to get drink that much in the RT anyway?

I just get my caffeine from Green & White Tea(I don't drink it for the caffeine though), maybe switch to that, there are a ton of subtle health benefits.

Did a little search and found this, might *text deleted* read it:
http://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html