Cold Water, 'Very cold..

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got a problem, its weird ..

Everytime i put my head deep in freezin water i feel as if im sufficating, find it hard to hold my breath, and then i panic, its fine with normal temp; water..

anyway i can improve on this?

Gaz

Reaction score
Why do you put your head in frezzing water anyway mate? *text deleted* :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

biggnick

Reaction score
*text deleted*. Why? Seriously though, I think most people are the same. Putting your head in really cold water would take your breath away. Now, i'm going to go and put my head in freezing cold water to see the effects it has on me.....

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Cold water

Cold water does make you gasp. When we used to deploy to Norway for Mountain & Arctic warefare training, we used to do frozen river crossing drills. To do this we blasted a hole in the ice and then skied into it. It made you gasp alright. Then you had to claw your way out using your ski poles. Bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :twisted: :shock: :D

Cheers

Steve

Oz21

Reaction score
Providing everything goes well and i pass out of training, thats what im looking forward to, going to Norway and training in artic warfare and survival. Great Stuff!

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well yeah same here ozz.

Whenever i go swimming down at the sea, i live down the south coast, poole harbour ''SBS'' :D:D:D:D ...

First few times i gasp! but then i overcome it! i want to overcome it the first time round! and the reason i worry! is because the commando training obviously involves going through water filled tunnels, and its *text deleted* be freezing this time of year!

biggnick

Reaction score
You have nothing to worry about jk. You are the same as everybody else. it is the shock that makes you gasp a few times. If you didnt have that then there would probably be something wrong with you. its the bodies defence mechanism to cope with the extreme change. Im not overly fussed about that cold whether, but I am looking forward to getting out o the arctic, after training of course.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
biggnick said:
You have nothing to worry about jk. You are the same as everybody else. it is the shock that makes you gasp a few times. If you didnt have that then there would probably be something wrong with you. its the bodies defence mechanism to cope with the extreme change. Im not overly fussed about that cold whether, but I am looking forward to getting out o the arctic, after training of course.
Cheers buddy! i'l keep that in mind

marcus2007

Reaction score
Try a cold bath after going for a nice long run :*text deleted*:
Sure made my little mad even smaller 8)