College

D

Deleted

Seeing as results day is 9 days off, and I'll have to be making a final decision that day, for the college interview later in the day, I wanted to get an opinion from you, to see if the subjects I choose will help in any way to becoming an officer when I complete the A-Levels. So, here goes, these are the one's I'm doing, but could anyone suggest more suitable ones.

Maths
Physics
Geography
Graphics Design
Maybe computing

M

MTW

i would have thought maths and geography will be ideal, and possibly physics also.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, MTW is right. Those are probably the best choices.

Though depending on what you wish to do later on in life - swop geog for comp as computer skills are very useful this day and age.

D

Deleted

Yup, MTW is right. Those are probably the best choices.

Though depending on what you wish to do later on in life - swop geog for comp as computer skills are very useful this day and age.

I'm definately going to keep geography because it develops decision making skills and management skills. The most required skills if you even want a chance at being an officer.

M

MTW

yea i would advise though, the subjects you take wont make a massive amound of difference i wouldnt have thought ( but im just guessing so probably wrong)....i would take subjects you want to do and enjoy. but thats just going on my experience of college.

D

Deleted

yea i would advise though, the subjects you take wont make a massive amound of difference i wouldnt have thought ( but im just guessing so probably wrong)....i would take subjects you want to do and enjoy. but thats just going on my experience of college.

Geography I really enjoy, Maths I'm good at, Physics interests me
, and Graphics Design would just be a fun lesson I imagine (for me anyway).

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Maths and Physics definitely. Only problem is these are the very hardest A levels around. The majority of students drop them in second year.

Your not meaning to take 5 A levels are you? But to be honest, like it has been repeated many times, whatever you take will not affect the outcome of being an Officer.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Only time they will make a difference is with certain jobs within military, but for RM it wont really matter for pretty much everything, So yea go for what you would enjoy the most :bigsmile:

Latest posts

New Threads