Commando Challenge Completed!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
It was absolutely amazing!! What an experience! and mega tough!

It was a 2 mile run up onto woodbury common, then 3 miles of running up streams, wading through nipple high mud, loads of unbelievably tight tunnels half filled with water!

And the sheep deep was so so cool, wish i could do it all the time. It's nothing like the advert, its a lot tighter, you can't really swim through *text deleted* its too tight.

Then you do the 2 mile run back again.

As some may know, a while back I had to cancel my PRMC due to a knee injury.

I did really well on the commando challenge so called to re-book my PRMC today.

The Commando PTI in our brief said its the same course you do in your final test.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yes mate thats the endurance course......well done old chap:dinner:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea it sounds fun mate. Dont want to sound like a bitch but how tight are the tubes? My only fear is tight spaces. Id hate to get stuck in them!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I have to say mate, some are very tight.

I have absolutely no idea how its possible to fit through with a helmet and webbing on.

Lots of them are too tight to go on your hands and knees, and the water can be as high as 6 inches from the top so you *text deleted* keep your head up!

also the sheep dip isn't square like it is on the advert, and the sides are too tight to do breast stroke, you *text deleted* kinda doggle paddle and push off the floor with your toes.

But the adrenaline is flowing so before you know it, you're out.

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done mate, always fun squeezing through a tunnel with a bloke on top of it with a basic pussers pick and shovel

Great for the old confidence boost!

S

Sotiris

That sounds great...where and what the hell have you been up to? You did the challenge in your own time?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That sounds great...where and what the hell have you been up to? You did the challenge in your own time?

www.commandochallenge.co.uk

There is no time limit. We did it in 87 mins. In the Marines you have o do it in 71 mins with webbing, rifle, helmet, and boots.

But on the challenge you have to keep waiting for people to get through tunnels so it slows you down a lot!

New Threads