Commando Challenge Done!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
It was absolutely amazing!! What an experience! and mega tough!

It was a 2 mile run up onto woodbury common, then 3 miles of running up streams, wading through nipple high mud, loads of unbelievably tight tunnels half filled with water!

And the sheep deep was so so cool, wish i could do it all the time. It's nothing like the advert, its a lot tighter, you can't really swim through *text deleted* its too tight.

Then you do the 2 mile run back again.

As some may know, a while back I had to cancel my PRMC due to a knee injury.

I did really well on the commando challenge so called to re-book my PRMC today.

The Commando PTI in our brief said its the same course you do in your final test.

J

Jason_A

How much is it? Is it free first time? Can anyone go to get their fitness up? Where is it at?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How much is it? Is it free first time? Can anyone go to get their fitness up? Where is it at?

you have to pay about £15 registration around 2 months in advance, but I'd pay sooner than that *text deleted* there are limited places.

Then you have to raise at least £30 sponsership money to be handed in on the day. any excess can be handed in as well or posted up to a month afterwards.

For your registration money you get to run the course, you get free medical consultation afterwards if you want it, along with free physio advice if you got any injuries.

You also get a medal and cirtificate and you can pay an extra £7 for a cool T-Shirt.

Anyone can do it, there were fat people in their 60's! There is no time limit. Or you can do the one on Saturday which is just the middle 3 miles without the 2 mile run before and after.

It starts at bicton arena, about 5 miles from Lympstone, then you run 2 miles onto woodbury common (its actually on bicton common, right next to woodbury, but no-one has heard of bicton common so they say woodbury), do the 3 mile endurance course and run back to bicton arena.