Commando Challenge

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
For those who haven't already signed up to the 7 mile Commando Challenge in October, do so now, it is already 65% full. Its on woodbury common and gives a very good idea of the Marines endurance course. And you get a medal!!

http://www.commandochallenge.co.uk/

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I think I might get some of my mates together and do it,
sounds like a pretty good idea.

Joe

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Challenge

Its in October around the 10th I think.

If a lot of us end up doing it we should all head into exeter for a big *text deleted* up! You need to have a team of at least 3 and its for charity so there's a £17.50 fee plus whatever else you can raise in sponsorship.

D

Deleted

I really want to do this, but its a bit of a problem getting a team together seeing as I'm up in Wigan. Could probably get the train, but it depends how we're going to get back and what the hell we are going to do covered in sluch haha.

Edit:

Turns out that i can get the people, just a matter of transport

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I really want to do this, but its a bit of a problem getting a team together seeing as I'm up in Wigan. Could probably get the train, but it depends how we're going to get back and what the hell we are going to do covered in sluch haha.

Edit:

Turns out that i can get the people, just a matter of transport

Hey mate where abouts in wigan?, im from wigan live in a place called hindley

D

Deleted

Ashton haha. The thing is I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea, because of the hassle of getting back afterwards (be drenched smelly, and muddy, as well as having to get about 4 trains).

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wernt asking you to go mate haha no offense, as just wondering were you are from

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its in October around the 10th I think.

If a lot of us end up doing it we should all head into exeter for a big *text deleted* up! You need to have a team of at least 3 and its for charity so there's a £17.50 fee plus whatever else you can raise in sponsorship.

*text deleted* Up!.. Sounds like an awesome idea!.. Fake Id All the way :saythat: ... *text deleted*... Yeah might go down on the train too.. I Could meet you on the train if your from wigan buddy.. Meet you half way down on train an ill come back wid you etc.. Wouldn't be much of a problem!.. Sounds awesome really want to do this!.

IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT??

Sam

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* be 16+ rusty im up for it :D but.. its in october, i might be in RT by then

D

Deleted

I wernt asking you to go mate haha no offense, as just wondering were you are from

None taken, but I never took it that you were, I was just saying that I'm from ashton to answer the question and then going on to say that it would be a pain in the arse getting there (for me and those others interested anyway).

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I'd really like to try this but none of my mates would to do it the nobbers!

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Oh Gutted!.. Id of loved of done that!.. Never Mind!.. Maybe next time!

Sam

D

Deleted

Going to get a team together ASAP, and we'll definately be going. Going to try and get it together by tomorrow night, and it will be a five and a half hour train journey for me to get there, and another to get back haha. Thats a lot of time to stink out a train.

If anyone else is unsure about getting there, just look on this website:http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/JourneyPlanning/FindTrainInput.aspx
Just put your location in, and go to exmouth

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
RT

I've signed our team up. I am kinda hoping that I would be on RT by then but I would love to call them up to cancel my place to say I'm starting commando training!

As for coming home soaking wet and covered in mud. Have you not got a spare change of clothes you could get into and maybe a bag to put your muddy ones in? Tescos give out free carrier bags if you haven't got one.

We could all hit town afterwards, get sloshed, then take over a travelodge at the end of the night!!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in having me in their team? Would really like to try this...then yeah we could get hammered afterwards.

D

Deleted

As for coming home soaking wet and covered in mud. Have you not got a spare change of clothes you could get into and maybe a bag to put your muddy ones in? Tescos give out free carrier bags if you haven't got one.

Yeah I'm going to do that, but we'll still have mud and stuff all over us haha on the train. Can just image one of the train conductor guys telling us to piss off haha

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to do that, but we'll still have mud and stuff all over us haha on the train. Can just image one of the train conductor guys telling us to piss off haha

Jump in the local river!.. Thats how you get it sorted mate!.. Ive got an extremely good thinking mind :laugh: .. There might even be showers on site mate..

Sam

D

Deleted

yeah we're definately going. Problem is one of the team I've got together is going another college. He might forget haha. I'm worried that if I get a bigger team (only 3 this far), some of them might not train and just *text deleted**text deleted* it all up.

Definate
Me (Royal Marine Training)
Mate #1 (My Training Partner)
Mate #2 (Boxer, trains 4 hours per day)

Possible
Mate #4 (Very fit, but claustophobia)