Commando:On the front line

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
Did anyone watch commando on itv4 last night at about half 11!!

There is this one bit where a PTI has the troop outside doing press ups with arses in air, but this one lad with blonde is propa struggerling and looks like he is on the verge of entering a coma, but his mates still try and gear him on!!

He carries on thou and shows balls.....but it did look *text deleted* painful!

MT6690

Reaction score
i watched it *text deleted*, *text deleted* was one of the best. i thort it was funny about the US marines not being able to hack there own training-which they used for the royal marines, who didnt have a problem *text deleted*.

dont 4get tonight ITV 4, andy mcnab and all that. 9.30pm

MT

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah it just shows the problems with the US brainwash style training

S

Sotiris

As I keep saying. The USMC recruit women and asthmatics...that obviously reflects their phys standards!

Haha I went for an eye test for my driving liscence in Greece last summer. The optition was ex-Marine (Greek) and told me a story about a training exercise they did with the USMC as part of NATO.

It was a field exercise on Crete. Load bearing yomp in full fighting gear of 160km or something. The Greek Marines out paced the USMC and reached the half way mark about 4 hours ahead of them. Haha the USMC then all boarded their vihicles and drove to the finish line!

He said their CO said "why should we walk when we can ride"!!!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
and they claim to "train hard fight easy" it's a *text deleted* take when you see over weight soldiers never mind overweight marines, and yet USMC seems to have their fair share (not loads but i've seen a couple and i dont even serve yet)

S

Sotiris

Aye, but then again..like I've said before as well..the USMC are not elite and I don't think they claim to be. All their boasting is standard military practise haha.

They've got Delta Force and Navy Seals.

Type in Navy Seals on youtube there are some awesome documentaries...they are really really tough mo fo's indeed. Their Hell Week is definitely something to *text deleted**text deleted* yourself about.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
my girlfriend's hell week is something to *text deleted**text deleted* yourself about, trust me! *text deleted* that being said, what you said not me, same is true of most true special forces, just annoys me how so many brits dont even know we have RMC or that the US borrowed the idea from us and think "marines" is solely an american idea, i had a friend ask me, fairly recently, when he found out- how long was i going to be living in the US for then... jesus wept. he sobbed his christly eyes out.

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
i watched it *text deleted*, *text deleted* was one of the best. i thort it was funny about the US marines not being able to hack there own training-which they used for the royal marines, who didnt have a problem *text deleted*.

dont 4get tonight ITV 4, andy mcnab and all that. 9.30pm

MT
yeh ill watch tht andy mcnab thing, but i sometimes find it a bit boring and struggle to watch it! it was funny as fuk when them yanks had to have their temperature taken throu their arse crack!!

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i seen that lad, looked solid

Them yanks made me laugh, leaving ration packs on floor, thick gets.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The whole series is on you tube

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The whole series is on you tube
Its not mate, the ones on youtube are the cut versions, these ones on at night are the full ones which you can buy on DVD.

0.01%

Reaction score
Type in Navy Seals on youtube there are some awesome documentaries...they are really really tough mo fo's indeed. Their Hell Week is definitely something to *text deleted**text deleted* yourself about.
You're not wrong fella.

This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47SFOgl7cY <<<<< There's part one, click the links at the end of each part to continue watching) is a good 'un, starts from day one of basic. Not watched it all yet but does look hard as!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its not mate, the ones on youtube are the cut versions, these ones on at night are the full ones which you can buy on DVD.
they show it on ITV 3/4 *text deleted* as well i think, bout halfway through. just introduced burty carr (sp? *text deleted* that's such a public school name, sound chap though, just daft name)

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, that berty kerr is quality though, I watched the episodes on youtube and his dad shows you something that he'd done when he was a little kid at school, it said "When I grow up I want to be a Royal Marine Commando" and he is, thought that was cool, living the dream.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
noticed

I did wander how much they cut out on you tube, *text deleted* I've seen the series before, and theres a bit where the PTI teaches them to wash in the shower, sadly it was missing on you tube!

S

Sotiris

You're not wrong fella.

This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47SFOgl7cY <<<<< There's part one, click the links at the end of each part to continue watching) is a good 'un, starts from day one of basic. Not watched it all yet but does look hard as!
Damn, haven't seen that one, good find!

It's intense man. I'd say perhaps more so the RMC..simply because you have to have served before you can join. Each and everyone one of those recruits is built like a brick *text deleted**text deleted* house. Haha you should post that link up on an individual thread for the rest of the lads.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Commando on the front line is brilliant... I really felt for whats is name... he did sob like a little girl but you can sorta see where he is coming from..
At the brief previews of next weeks it looks like he may be diagnosed with something pretty bad..
Yea the US Marines were appauling.. had to get picked up because they were more or less too hot *text deleted*..

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I think its a great series but i bet its proving a night mare for recruiters......basically a lot of Keyboard/Couch Commando's around.

And its begining to really *text deleted**text deleted* me off, *text deleted* worked so hard for this....and there are lads out there that are doing it because they think they may become a super hero, with no real understandign of the gravity.

I now have 2 mates passed out from RT, and they have both told me the series only shows the good bits....you wont feel the pain on the screen.

Id just like to say, think long and hard about this career....its suits some, and not others.

Other than that, its good advertising to the people out there that didnt realise who the Marines were.

Note: I put my application in before the series was first aired, i was caught up by the cinema add!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Commando on the front line is brilliant... I really felt for whats is name... he did sob like a little girl but you can sorta see where he is coming from..
Terry John was it?
People slag him off but like you said you can see where he was coming from,
I thought he was pretty good,
very down to earth kinda bloke,
had his doubts,
but pushed himself to get through,
anyone know if he made it?

Joe

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I think its a great series but i bet its proving a night mare for recruiters......basically a lot of Keyboard/Couch Commando's around.

And its begining to really *text deleted**text deleted* me off, *text deleted* worked so hard for this....and there are lads out there that are doing it because they think they may become a super hero, with no real understandign of the gravity.

I now have 2 mates passed out from RT, and they have both told me the series only shows the good bits....you wont feel the pain on the screen.

Id just like to say, think long and hard about this career....its suits some, and not others.

Other than that, its good advertising to the people out there that didnt realise who the Marines were.

Note: I put my application in before the series was first aired, i was caught up by the cinema add!
I know what you mean Stacka,
but we'll all find out if we are cut out for it soon,
some of us may leave in the first few weeks,
but you don't know 'til you get there.

Joe