Commando on the Frontline favorites

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So what are peoples favorite scenes from commando on the frontline? I can't seem to forget the bit where the PTI is shouting at that ginger kid doing a firemans carry and crying: 'Stop making *text deleted**text deleted*ing girly faces and keep moving!', hahaha love it, wouldn't mind having a PTI shouting that in my face personally.

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I never watched it, but i can kick myself for not taking the time to look out for such programs....

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i like it when bertie kerr is in afghan, and him and his fellow RM's are under fire but at the same time arguing about what film they are goin to watch when they get back! They seem completely oblivious that the Taliban are there *text deleted*

Also, when Orlando Rogers stops Recruit Williams and asks him what the commando qualities are *text deleted* that bit cracks me up all the time!

et-adams

Reaction score
They make a massive deal of Terry John's struggle, and you expect it to have a happy ending.... and then he fails anyway... bit of an anti climax.

Chril Terrill's emotion after the 30miler is also quite special.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I never watched it, but i can kick myself for not taking the time to look out for such programs....

MATE, you need to see it. it's a MASSIVE insight into what it's going to be like in RT. you might watch it and think nah it's not for me OR you might want to join even more, in which case it will be a motivation boost for you (was for me).

Although i was told that the bit where they had to kill a rabbit and a chicken each was for the cameras. i thought it was funny when the bloke goes, "i'm *text deleted* make me a pair of slippers (out of the rabbits), *text deleted* my feet are in bits!"

chris1988

Reaction score
i watch it like everyday bought the DVD, just get a buzz watchin it everyday, the thing in my mind that gets me through my training in the gym, trainin in the rain n stuff, just so i can do that!

my favourate part of that is when the corpol tells them to get down and he explains he gives them this time to learn, but instead they like doin push ups!

C

critchmufc

my fave part was when they wer being tought how to go into a room and disarm and restrain an enemy,

they wernt doing it right so the marine showed them how to do it.

he ran over screaming at the voulanteer, then ragged him round and dragged his feet from under him, made him look like a rag doll *text deleted*,

but the funny part was the recruit *text deleted**text deleted*ting himself when the marine ran over to him shouting, he seriousley looked like he was about to cry.....mind you...i would

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my fave part was when they wer being tought how to go into a room and disarm and restrain an enemy,

they wernt doing it right so the marine showed them how to do it.

he ran over screaming at the voulanteer, then ragged him round and dragged his feet from under him, made him look like a rag doll *text deleted*,

but the funny part was the recruit *text deleted**text deleted*ting himself when the marine ran over to him shouting, he seriousley looked like he was about to cry.....mind you...i would

Is this on youtube mate? hahaa sounds funny.

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh This programme is a must watch as its a very good insight. I must say though The beastings in the field are much worse than what they showed in the filming theres a few things behind the scenes, thats from my own experience *text deleted*, but hay who cares its just hard work in the outdoors being beasted with your mates, having a laugh taking the mick out of eachother, aswel as learning some seriously vital and interesting skills, beats a boring 9-5 job if you ask me

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hoofing parts!:

after there first inspection out on exercise and they get beasted for s*text deleted*t turnout. during the fizz one guy gives up half way through and the PTI asks "are you rapping?" and the guy with sheer agony says "yes!" and the PTI just says "well f*text deleted** off then!" hahaha

naming one of the dogs ASBO made me laugh

fishing in afghanistan....with grenades

obviously williams forgetting the ethos *text deleted*

terry john talking to the rabbit *text deleted*

"why are you smiling recruit williams?" "because if i dont i will cry"

ritchie and bertie comparing watches *text deleted*

pretty much the whole bloody series + 55 year old commando!!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I like the bit where williams explain how he dosent care about the chicken feelings, as he has been through so much pain and suffering of the phys and yomps he just wants to chill out with his oppos *text deleted*.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
personaly my favourite bit is when the corporal is inspecting the troops and he starts taking the piss out of them, especially that lanky ginger lad, saying that next time they go to exeter they should get some hair dye for him. Can't beat a good piss take.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its got to be the famous mud run episode *text deleted* and it keeps cutting to the officers summer ball

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
personaly my favourite bit is when the corporal is inspecting the troops and he starts taking the piss out of them, especially that lanky ginger lad, saying that next time they go to exeter they should get some hair dye for him. Can't beat a good piss take.

Theres a bit before that where the corporal sees someones boxers out and says, 'im tempted to give you a full frontal wedgie, much worse than the other one'
*text deleted* :applaus:

stoker0nine

Reaction score
The bit at the end of the final episode (not shown on the DVD, just on the TV series) where they go out after the 30miler, do the Royal Marine style Tequila Slamma, and Cpl Glanfield (sp?) licks the lemon out of William's eye.

Can't beat Royal Marine Camaradarie!

C

critchmufc

Is this on youtube mate? hahaa sounds funny.

its quality, but i cant remember what episode it was in, and i couldnt be arsed looking through all the episodes on youtube, so if you want to see it, i recommend watching the full series from start to finish, if you havnt already

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Best bit has to be when they bare all on parade and all the PTI can say is that there are to many gingers and next time they go to Exeter they have to get some hair dye.

It makes me giigle like a little scholl girl. :embarrest:

S

Sotiris

The mud run where it cuts to the YO's Summer Ball and the RM band is playing that beautiful melody from "I vow to thee my Country". Tiny section but it really stuck with me. The way the lads are struggling to breath in the mud and that piece is playing, seems very appropriate.

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I loved terry john..he was soo funny...when he got told to get in the "wagon"..Noooo corporallllll..noooooo,(in the back of the "wagon)..I won't do it chris i'll leave noooooooo...good effort but compartment syndrome sounds bad..godd effort on joining the army tho!