Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Commando RMFA Stats

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by thewolveriene, May 12, 2019.

1. thewolveriene

thewolveriene New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Afternoon all just curious as to what scores would a well rounded freshly passed out commando would get.
    e.g
    3mile run
    Press ups
    Pull ups
    Situps
    and bleep test
    I understand that many scores would vary as not every one has the same strengths, but curious as to roughly the fitness difference between a potential and a bootneck ( I'm aware its quite big).

2. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Interesting question, hard to tell but I’d actually imagine they’d be lower considering that the goal of recruit training isn’t exactly geared towards getting high RMFA scores. When I left at the 11 week point I was struggling to do 5ks in 23 minutes ( 19:55 pb before joining) and has taken about 8 months to work back to a similar level to where I was at before (my individual case is a bit odd though) Baring in mind your body will be abused and battered for 8 months minimum, you may well be ‘fitter’ afterwards in terms of physical and mental endurance but maybe not in terms of RMFA stats. Having said that I’d imagine the cdo tests require an extremely high level of stamina.

3. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

For myself, max push ups and sit ups, sub 5 minute mile, couldn't tell you the rest though as I never tested that.

4. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando

Personally, bodyweight stuff went down hill I imagine. Purely because phase 2 is all based around you yomping and speed marching. Between week 19 bottom field pass out and tarzan run throughs in week 28 or whenever that is, is quite a large timescale in which there won't be any scheduled phys sessions except the thrashings which inevitably will come etc. We'd do stretcher runs or speed marches when on field firing or GPMG week etc but would rarely do any press ups etc. Whereas phase 1 is all IMF.

I was in hunter and returned to training week 18. I maxed out every test when I left hunter. But there is no way I would have done that on King's squad week. But in comparison, I found the tests fine, because in my opinion your endurance goes through the roof in phase 2.