Commando tattoos

Faugery

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was surprised when my Nod said that lots of RM's had the commando dagger when they were still in service as @ThreadpigeonsAlpha said it could put you at risk.

Reactions: Box

Chelonian

Reaction score
Military tats carry a risk beyond service. In recent years a UK civilian with minimal military service history was arrested while travelling in a South American nation for possession of a small calibre firearm which he had bought for about US$50 for self defence. :confused:

The individual's tats prompted local law enforcement to suggest that he was a UK Special Forces operative undermining the nation's security. This translated an offence which might attract a small fine into a major incident.

Sly3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Military tats carry a risk beyond service. In recent years a UK civilian with minimal military service history was arrested while travelling in a South American nation for possession of a small calibre firearm which he had bought for about US$50 for self defence. :confused:

The individual's tats prompted local law enforcement to suggest that he was a UK Special Forces operative undermining the nation's security. This translated an offence which might attract a small fine into a major incident.
It’s a small case of, if you dare poke the bear; expect harsh consequences.

Moral of the story do as you will at your own risk for the small reward of a hoofing tattoo.

ave!

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Way I see it , if you want to go and have a tattoo of ghandi with a massive achlong then that’s your business .. same with corps tatts. I do hate it when someone is showing it off however. Like lads who get the highly unique dagger that nobody else ever thought of on the forearm or bicep and then never wear a jumper....

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A few years back there was a personal trainer at a London gym who had an impressive CV on their website.

This guy was a former Royal Marines Commando an ML AND a PTI.

He had a mahoosive, expensive and beautifully crafted Globe & Laurel tattoo on his shoulder.

Turns out, he quit recruit training in week 12. He also got bubbled and lost his job. Nice tat though.