Commando test info

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. Not geared towards PRMC, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anyway.

For the tarzan assault course test, from what I understand you need to do the tarzan, and then run to the bottom field and do that as well. Do you also have to climb the 30 foot rope again, or just the bottom field obstacles ?.

Also, what happens if you fail a commando test 2 times ?. Do you get backtrooped ??.

RC

Reaction score
Ty said:
Hey guys. Not geared towards PRMC, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anyway.

For the tarzan assault course test, from what I understand you need to do the tarzan, and then run to the bottom field and do that as well. Do you also have to climb the 30 foot rope again, or just the bottom field obstacles ?.

Also, what happens if you fail a commando test 2 times ?. Do you get backtrooped ??.

Alright Ty.

You have to climb the 30 ft wall (using a rope) at the end of the Tarzan/assault course. Not a normal rope climb.

Yeah, you just do the bottom field obstacles ( no firemans carry, normal rope climb or full regain ).

You get 3 attempts at a test. I'm not sure what would happen if you failed after 3 attempts. I would have thought you would get back trooped ??? I'm sure Ninja will be able to give you a definite answer on that ?

Rich.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just talking to our resident RM experts on this subject- what RC has stated remains valid.

On the bottom field, you do a half regain on the chasm obstacle, the last obstacle is the gate, followed by the finish atop the 30ft wall.

By all accounts you definitely don't want to be doing this 3 times, however if you fail on the 3rd attempt you will be placed in Hunter Company to train-up to re-take. There is little to be gained by wondering what happens if you fail it again, the aim is to pass.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
great thanks for the responses guys !. One more thing, the 9 mile speed march.

I fail to see the difficulty in this. From the videos I have seen, it looks like a simple march that gets turned into a light jog. I don't see how it would have any difficulty in relation to the 30 miler, which is a full out jog for 8 hours.

RC

Reaction score
Ty said:
great thanks for the responses guys !. One more thing, the 9 mile speed march.

I fail to see the difficulty in this. From the videos I have seen, it looks like a simple march that gets turned into a light jog. I don't see how it would have any difficulty in relation to the 30 miler, which is a full out jog for 8 hours.

You'll realise the difficulty when you do your first speed march. :*text deleted*:

But .........

The 9 miler is the easiest test in my opinion. Also, I, and the majority of people I have spoken to found the 6 miler harder than the 9 miler (due to the course). The main idea with speed marching is to get the troop into battle. Not thrash the living daylights out of the troop so no one can fight effectively. So after most of our speed marches in training we nearly always got thrashed or did some section attacks.

On the 30 miler, supposedly you run all the down hill sections. Run 50% of the flat ground and march up the hills. However, we seemed to be running alot more than 50% of the flats (probably depends on the pace set by your syndicate leader?).

Rich.

New Threads