Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Commonwealth applicant from Ghana

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by datlaidbackdude, Mar 10, 2019.

1. datlaidbackdude

datlaidbackdude New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi am new here and from Ghana

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

A very warm welcome.

3. datlaidbackdude

datlaidbackdude New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks @Ninja_Stoker
    Greetings from Ghana

A few questions for you please.
    I know my coming to uk is for the RT, face to face medical, pjft and interview then return to my home country to wait for a Prmc date. Now where does the security clearance come in? Is it before Prmc or after? If its after, does it mean i will have to travel again to the Uk for just the Prmc and come back again to wait for clearance before phase 1 date?
    And also what time is the right time to resign from my job for phase one since one can be failed during Prmc.
    Last but not least.i read we from africa especially are prone to cold injuries, any advice on how we can reduce this injuries?thanks

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Generally, overseas applicants crack everything, up to and including PRMC in one visit to UK - it can actually be completed within 2-4 weeks with good comms prior to arrival with your processing AFCO. The advice is to plan well ahead.

SC and the SC waiver is usually started upon arrival in UK but due to the time this can take, overseas applicants may wish to return home until SC is cracked, then fly back to join.

SC for overseas applicants can take several months.

Advice on NFCI prevention: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...c-injuries-in-the-armed-forces-medical-policy