Concept2 Rowing Team

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Illustrious, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Evening ladies & gents.

I have put together a forum team on the Concept2 website for those of you who have access to a rower. For those interested in taking a part and having a good place to record physical achievements, the website is https://log.concept2.com/

Create yourselves an account and click "Teams" and then under "Your Team" search for "PRMC" and click join. The team is open so you can join without approval so please adhere to the same standards of PERSEC as you do here.

Common ranked distances are as follows;

Time Based - 1 Minute, 4 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 60 Minutes
    Distance Based - 100m, 500m, 1,000m, 2,000m, 5,000m, 6,000m, 10,000m, 21,097m, 42,195m, 100,000m.

In order to maintain integrity of the rankings between us, do yourselves a favour and install Ergdata found here. http://www.concept2.co.uk/service/software/ergdata

Concept2 regularly hosts team challenges, who knows, but with enough participation we might find ourselves winning a challenge some time.

To get the ball started, here is a recent 2,000m effort from myself.

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1103742/log/30967702

Good luck to all and I hope to see a few sign ups and participants before the week is out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Awesome! Have slacked off the rowing these last couple of weeks, but definitely going to get back into it. My all time PB for 2k is 7:26.4, so not far behind you at all.

3. Illustrious

Good to see some active interest taken thus far. The first official concept2 rowing challenge will run from 1 Jan 18 - 31 Jan 18 which is the Virtual Team Challenge, details of which are here https://log.concept2.com/challenges/vtc

Now will be a good time to start building that base aerobic capacity for what is to come lads.

As a good starting point for those of you already in the team is the 30 minute row, so I propose a friendly competition between anyone interested to help gauge fitness and get a free phys session in to boot.

Set up your phone (and HR monitor if available) and connect it to your PM4/PM5 on the rower.

1. On the Main Menu, choose Select Workout.
    2. Select Standard List
    3. Select 30:00
    4. Select the little tick arrow in the bottom right hand corner and you're good to go.
    5. Complete Workout.
    6. Sync workout from Ergdata to your Concept2 logbook.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Shame hubby is laid up as he used to be in the top 5% for his age group!

• Like Like x 2
  5. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Will get amongst this too hopefully. Be good to take on some challeneges!

6. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'll try and get this to work on the rowers in my college gym, always a excuse to do rowing.

7. Clumsy

Clumsy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Joined! Be warned it displays your full name, not your user name. A few guys on the team have they're full names on display.

• Seen Seen x 1
  8. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    You can change this by editing your profile and changing your first and last name.

For example, my first name is Hyper and last name Hippo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clumsy

Clumsy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I used my forum name for both anyway mate. Just a few guys on the team haven't

• Seen Seen x 1
  10. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just to confirm - the next team challenge is the “Virtual Team Challenge” which runs Jan. 1st - 31st? I’ve signed up for this although I’m unsure if I’ve signed up individually or as part of the PRMC team?

11. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I believe as you're part of the team, any metres you do for that challenge get counted as part of the team's total, if you have signed up for it.

Did a quick go on the rower at the end of my session today so was pretty dead when I started and haven't rowed ever really, did 1600m in 6 mins 10 seconds ish if I remember correctly.

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. Illustrious

A decent time to start your incredibly uncomfortable (but rewarding) rowing journey. little tip for those of you who only have access to a C2 rower with a PM2 or PM3, when going into the memory to show your previous workouts, select your workout and double tap the button which has no apparent function, as circled in the photo below. This will show you a verification code as shown in the top right of your screen which can be used to verify a 'Ranked' distance workout as already mentioned earlier.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clumsy

Clumsy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Other day I did a 50 mins row, covered 11.7K only to find I couldn't sync the data! -banghead-

I do a fair bit of rowing so I could of contributed a lot. Nevermind I start RT in a couple of weeks anyway, but its definitely something I'll get involved with when at my unit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You can enter it manually on the concept website if all else fails, if its a PM5 you need to turn its wireless on in the menu and sync pre-workout start. The others can be synced via a cable.

15. Clumsy

Clumsy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah but anyone could manually enter bs so I doubt it would count toward the challenges mate

16. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm lead to believe it does, just not Ranked? Though of course Illustrious is the resident sme.

• Seen Seen x 1
  17. gumpo

gumpo Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I think I'll jump on this! Very unfit at the moment and clocked 8:54 for a 2k this morning, absolutely shocking! Currently aiming for a sub 7min!

18. corvus

corvus Member

Just done my first one. I hate rowing and have no idea on good timings for certain distances but just clocked a 2k in 8.13 on the level 4 setting.

19. Illustrious

Get on board, everyone is welcome.

@corvus bloody good effort bud. For yourself, go into your options and look for "display drag factor" that's a much more consistent setting to test on the rower as it'll mean you're using the same DF regardless of which rower you're using at that time, hence why c2 rowers can compete from opposite sides of the planet fairly.

• Seen Seen x 1
  20. corvus

corvus Member

Thanks mate will do