Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Evening ladies & gents.

I have put together a forum team on the Concept2 website for those of you who have access to a rower. For those interested in taking a part and having a good place to record physical achievements, the website is https://log.concept2.com/

Create yourselves an account and click "Teams" and then under "Your Team" search for "PRMC" and click join. The team is open so you can join without approval so please adhere to the same standards of PERSEC as you do here.

Common ranked distances are as follows;

Time Based - 1 Minute, 4 Minutes, 30 Minutes, 60 Minutes
Distance Based - 100m, 500m, 1,000m, 2,000m, 5,000m, 6,000m, 10,000m, 21,097m, 42,195m, 100,000m.

In order to maintain integrity of the rankings between us, do yourselves a favour and install Ergdata found here. http://www.concept2.co.uk/service/software/ergdata

Concept2 regularly hosts team challenges, who knows, but with enough participation we might find ourselves winning a challenge some time.

To get the ball started, here is a recent 2,000m effort from myself.

https://log.concept2.com/profile/1103742/log/30967702

Good luck to all and I hope to see a few sign ups and participants before the week is out.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! Have slacked off the rowing these last couple of weeks, but definitely going to get back into it. My all time PB for 2k is 7:26.4, so not far behind you at all.

Illustrious

Reaction score
Good to see some active interest taken thus far. The first official concept2 rowing challenge will run from 1 Jan 18 - 31 Jan 18 which is the Virtual Team Challenge, details of which are here https://log.concept2.com/challenges/vtc

Now will be a good time to start building that base aerobic capacity for what is to come lads.

As a good starting point for those of you already in the team is the 30 minute row, so I propose a friendly competition between anyone interested to help gauge fitness and get a free phys session in to boot.

Set up your phone (and HR monitor if available) and connect it to your PM4/PM5 on the rower.

1. On the Main Menu, choose Select Workout.
2. Select Standard List
3. Select 30:00
4. Select the little tick arrow in the bottom right hand corner and you're good to go.
5. Complete Workout.
6. Sync workout from Ergdata to your Concept2 logbook.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'll try and get this to work on the rowers in my college gym, always a excuse to do rowing.

Clumsy

Reaction score
Joined! Be warned it displays your full name, not your user name. A few guys on the team have they're full names on display.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Joined! Be warned it displays your full name, not your user name.

You can change this by editing your profile and changing your first and last name.

For example, my first name is Hyper and last name Hippo.

Clumsy

Reaction score
You can change this by editing your profile and changing your first and last name.

For example, my first name is Hyper and last name Hippo.
I used my forum name for both anyway mate. Just a few guys on the team haven't

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just to confirm - the next team challenge is the “Virtual Team Challenge” which runs Jan. 1st - 31st? I’ve signed up for this although I’m unsure if I’ve signed up individually or as part of the PRMC team?

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I believe as you're part of the team, any metres you do for that challenge get counted as part of the team's total, if you have signed up for it.

Did a quick go on the rower at the end of my session today so was pretty dead when I started and haven't rowed ever really, did 1600m in 6 mins 10 seconds ish if I remember correctly.

Illustrious

Reaction score
A decent time to start your incredibly uncomfortable (but rewarding) rowing journey. little tip for those of you who only have access to a C2 rower with a PM2 or PM3, when going into the memory to show your previous workouts, select your workout and double tap the button which has no apparent function, as circled in the photo below. This will show you a verification code as shown in the top right of your screen which can be used to verify a 'Ranked' distance workout as already mentioned earlier.

Clumsy

Reaction score
Other day I did a 50 mins row, covered 11.7K only to find I couldn't sync the data! -banghead-

I do a fair bit of rowing so I could of contributed a lot. Nevermind I start RT in a couple of weeks anyway, but its definitely something I'll get involved with when at my unit.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can enter it manually on the concept website if all else fails, if its a PM5 you need to turn its wireless on in the menu and sync pre-workout start. The others can be synced via a cable.

Clumsy

Reaction score
Yeah but anyone could manually enter bs so I doubt it would count toward the challenges mate

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but anyone could manually enter bs so I doubt it would count toward the challenges mate
I'm lead to believe it does, just not Ranked? Though of course Illustrious is the resident sme.

gumpo

Reaction score
I think I'll jump on this! Very unfit at the moment and clocked 8:54 for a 2k this morning, absolutely shocking! Currently aiming for a sub 7min!

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just done my first one. I hate rowing and have no idea on good timings for certain distances but just clocked a 2k in 8.13 on the level 4 setting.

Illustrious

Reaction score
Get on board, everyone is welcome.

@corvus bloody good effort bud. For yourself, go into your options and look for "display drag factor" that's a much more consistent setting to test on the rower as it'll mean you're using the same DF regardless of which rower you're using at that time, hence why c2 rowers can compete from opposite sides of the planet fairly.

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Get on board, everyone is welcome.

@corvus bloody good effort bud. For yourself, go into your options and look for "display drag factor" that's a much more consistent setting to test on the rower as it'll mean you're using the same DF regardless of which rower you're using at that time, hence why c2 rowers can compete from opposite sides of the planet fairly.

Thanks mate will do

Latest posts

New Threads