Contact Lenses

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I made a topic about this a few months ago, but didn't really get a firm reply, so I'll try to explain it better.

I'm just wondering what the rules are on contact lenses while in training & when in deployment (like when you can wear them and when you have to wear glasses instead).

I don't really like wearing glasses and much prefer to wear contact lenses.

Cheers guys. :kult:

M

MTW

mate of mine is in week 21 and he wears them, shouldnt be a problem.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure it's glasses all the way. but i'm probably wrong as it's only a feeling...*text deleted*

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for replies guys - but both of you kinda cancel each other out *text deleted*.

I'm pretty sure you can wear them for alot of the time, I'm just not sure on the times when they're not permitted and you must wear glasses.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i would have thought on ops they'd not be allowed as changing/cleaning them in the field would be an arse. though i'm probably wrong

M

MTW

dunno i think you can get ones you can keep in for aagggesss now, but none of us are sure i dont think, so best to ask your afco, or maybe ninja stoker might *text deleted*.....

all i know is the military issue glasses are *text deleted**text deleted*in old school, combine them with a crew cut and immediatly look like youve just got back from "da nang" *text deleted* you some gooks!

http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/1107.html

......*text deleted* yea

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know :P

But yea, you can get contacts that you can keep in for a solid 1-2 months at a time now, so these may be allowed on opertations?

Anyways, cheers for your help guys.

If Ninja or anyone else knows any more please say. :amuse:

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I wear contacts and I'm only wearing dailies *text deleted*, but I have tried those monthly ones and they were *text deleted**text deleted*ing horrible. I slept for about two hours and had to take them out. Apparently only some people are suitable for them and other people's eyes will get scratched as they move about on the surface on the eye or will simply reject them fully. I think the rules are you can wear them for as long as they don't affect your eyesight and ability to train, althought Ninja really needs to answer this. If you're ok with the monthlies go for them but as far as I'm concerned, I'm getting laser surgery =)

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im in RT mate and I wear my contacts (dailies) with no worries. Just take extra inti the field with you.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for this post Dan, at least am not the only one. Am on monthlys at the moment but will change to dailies.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No probs.

But remember to keep some monthlies as I think you may need them if your away in the field for training/operations for a few days.