controlled breathing

Oz22

Reaction score
Just did a run this morning and made a point of breathing in deep and controlling it, damn does it make a diffrence. It sounds obvious but make sure your doing that lads and you will no doubt knock time of your runs.

et-adams

Reaction score
Of course! Beathing!! Usually I only manage 113yards before I faint, but since i've been using the technique of 'breathing', I've been going much further.

I apologise for how unnecessary this mockery was. Sadly, I couldn't resist.

Oz22

Reaction score
Only the other day i had to remind a lad to breath when he was doing pullups and pressups, he found by breathing correctly he could do more. (Obviously the oxygen is getting to his muscles) but thats just one example of someone not controlling there breathing.

Sorry to hear about you fainting, if only i had posted this a few days ago!:doh:

Taggart91

Reaction score
Only the other day i had to remind a lad to breath when he was doing pullups and pressups, he found by breathing correctly he could do more. (Obviously the oxygen is getting to his muscles) but thats just one example of someone not controlling there breathing.

Sorry to hear about you fainting, if only i had posted this a few days ago!:doh:
I find it hard to breath when im doin press-ups i tend to do 10 then stop to breath then do another 10 and so on.
I just cant seem to get into a rythem :wondering:
any ideas?

et-adams

Reaction score
Short, sharp breaths. Exhale as you exert and push yourself up, inhale as you lower yourself. It's important to do it that way round, it encourages oxygen to the muscles at the right time.

Taggart91

Reaction score
Short, sharp breaths. Exhale as you exert and push yourself up, inhale as you lower yourself. It's important to do it that way round, it encourages oxygen to the muscles at the right time.
Okay thanks mate.
Cheers for the help :toung:

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I find it hard to breath when im doin press-ups i tend to do 10 then stop to breath then do another 10 and so on.
I just cant seem to get into a rythem :wondering:
any ideas?
Try making a psssst noise when you breath out it helps although it makes you sound silly *text deleted*

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'm really rubbish when it comes to breathing, don't seem to know how to breathe correctly for running, pull ups or sit ups.

et-adams

Reaction score
Breathing properly is SO important. As a rule of thumb, exhale as you exert. ie, pushing up on a press-up, or pulling up on a pull-up. Inhale on the negative, ie, as you go back on a sit-up or down on a press up or pull up. Short, sharp breathing is key and can put 10% on your scores if done properly.