Controversial war game

Curql

Reaction score
Six Days in Fallujah looks to be the most realistic first person shooter that will be released. However, the game was cancelled before in 2009 due to the controversy from military personnel, the press and anti-war groups. I do not have a problem with it as I’ve always loved FPS since a young age but I can also see where some people are coming from for being against it. In my opinion, if this was just another COD campaign it’ll be overlooked. Curious to see what yous lot views on this are.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
That honestly looks phenomenal! I think it captures the realities pretty well and would gladly play that. I dislike COD exactly because of its poor portrayal of actual combat; it's an arcade game.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That honestly looks phenomenal! I think it captures the realities pretty well and would gladly play that. I dislike COD exactly because of its poor portrayal of actual combat; it's an arcade game.
Yea it’s an arcade game and good for a quick blast and some wacky gameplay, but it’s gash for tactics and actual combat. You can literally blast your way through.
This game looks a lot like an old one I used to play “first to fight “ years ago.

That’s why I prefer rainbow 6 siege, except all the absolute sweatyness. It’s more tactics and planning.
When lockdown started and I bought an Xbox again I was enjoying the division 2, it’s a shooter but more about strategy.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see why that was every controversial back in the day, as it is educational. I remember back in 2014 or so, my friend and I would play an ARMA mod, in which you could play as ISIS. Needless to say, that was swiftly taken down.

Curql

Reaction score
I don't see why that was every controversial back in the day, as it is educational. I remember back in 2014 or so, my friend and I would play an ARMA mod, in which you could play as ISIS. Needless to say, that was swiftly taken down.
From what I’ve seen people say it’s about hiding the fact of the innocent civilians killed in the Invasion of Iraq etc. This twitter thread shows a lot of people complaining about it:

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen people say it’s about hiding the fact of the innocent civilians killed in the Invasion of Iraq etc. This twitter thread shows a lot of people complaining about it:
It's a tragedy that civilians get killed in those conflicts. But it's not like the Americans went in and just mercilessly gunned down everyone they came across...despite how notoriously heavy handed the US military is known for being.

I think it was also this battle, in which the Americans told everyone to evacuate the city. And that anyone remaining would be treated as hostiles, or potential hostiles, too. So these twots in Twitter need to calm their tlts.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
But people have no problem allowing their kids to glorify commiting war crimes on COD, or taking a machine gun and gunning down innocent civilians in an airport.

J9R4W

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't that the only reason people play those games? Rampaging GTA Iii with the Rhino tank was one of the best features of the game. Because any time a cop car would crash into you, it would explode.
Haha exactly. Gaming was never my thing but I'm thinking surely there's more offensive/controversial games out there then a FPS game.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Back in the day, there was a game called Manhunt, which was very controversial because of the manner in which you could kill people was deemed to be excessively violent. It was banned in New Zealand if I remember rightly, due to how realistic the killings were portrayed.

It's worth a look up.

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Back in the day, there was a game called Manhunt, which was very controversial because of the manner in which you could kill people was deemed to be excessively violent. It was banned in New Zealand if I remember rightly, due to how realistic the killings were portrayed.

It's worth a look up.

Yeah. The editions of the games that were released had to be toned down. Like, brutal kill cams didn't show the act at all. But you could still suffocate people with plastic bags and all. Also, you still have Brian Cox telling you hes getting an orgasm if you kill people.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

It's worth a look up.
I remember when it came out. I was thinking about it not long ago and went and YouTubed the footage. Such a weird game and terrible graphics. But at the time you always used to think those graphics were so good.