Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Conversion of school grades

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by expat95, Mar 5, 2017.

1. expat95

expat95 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I live in the United States (specifically California). I was born in England and am looking to join the Royal Marines as an officer. I just wanted to know if there is a conversion/equivalent of school grades from the US system to the UK system.

Right now on the Royal Navy page it is posted as

• If you take your A-levels after the start of 2017, you need 72 UCAS points, including two non-overlapping subject areas; before 2017, you need 180 UCAS points
    • If you take your GCSEs after the start of 2017, you need 5 at grades 9 – 4, including English Language and Maths; before 2017, you need 5 at grades A*– C
    What does this mean in terms of the United States way (SAT, ACT, GPA, and A-F)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Best bet is to scan and save your educational certificates as a pdf then contact the overseas desk at London AFCO via email to confirm eligibility based on your US educational certificates and grades.

Bear in mind, you ideally need to keep the total attachments under about 3MB otherwise the whole UK defence intranet ("Yesterdays's technology - Today!") collapses and Trident nuclear missiles are automatically launched in a pre-emptive strike otherwise :)

Email address: [email protected]

Hasta la vista.

3. expat95

expat95 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet