Cool down

Xiona13

Reaction score
Hiya.
Does anyone know how long the cool down period is from getting discharged from training and then being able to apply again.
We arnt sure when that will be so that he can get applying again to rejoin.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly I assume you've had a chance to speak to your boyfriend then?

Rejoin times can vary and I'm sure someone else will be able to give solid timeframes for that.

With regards to him leaving and rejoining, I don't pretend to know what situation you're in, but what I can say is that situation isn't likely to change. Its obviously not ideal that he is in training now, however if he/you both has plans to rejoin later then chances are that wont be an ideal time either.

What I know for fact is, he'll be in a job which provides a good wage for a young lad which increases every year and provides extra allowances when away. It may also be able to put a request in for married accomodation. Often lads who aren't married but have kids with a long term partner may be able to get a house on the patch if there are some available. What I'm trying to say is, although at the minute it seems like worse scenario having him away, long term if you're planning on starting a family it may be a really good stable job for him to be able to support you.

Whenever faced with tough choices my mantra is always "dont react with emotion, respond with logic" . Trust me, I know that's easier said than done but have a long think before your fella makes any impulsive decisions he may regret later on.

Apologies if my advice is rubbish, but I do sympathise with you and I hope you and your boyfriend are able to figure it out.

Chelonian

Reaction score
We arnt sure when that will be so that he can get applying again to rejoin.
Good food for thought above from @Rob20

I am not a Careers Adviser but logic suggests that if he were to leave now to support you in your pregnancy he almost certainly would not be permitted to rejoin before your due date.

Obviously the pressures and mutual support that are generally required with a new born might mean that a realistic rejoin date might be two years.

But as stated, I'm not a CA. Your boyfriend is best advised to specifically ask at CTCRM about this.

Whatever you both choose it won't be wrong. Things work out. Make an informed decision together. Very best wishes.