Cop takes a one man stand

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
'Taking a knee' (or kneeling as I've always known it) is exactly what Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin did. The irony appears to have been overlooked.
Exactly, it isn't symbolic or they would do something else, it's simply submission.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Of the BBC's version of the attacks on Police

"The officer knocked herself of her horse" - -banghead-
I guess that more video images will emerge which might give a broader picture of events.
Ultimately all horses are unpredictable because they are essentially prey animals. But Police horses are selected for their mental stability and not deployed if they have a tendency to 'spook'. I don't like the word 'bombproof' but it's a common adjective in horsey circles and Police horses definitely meet that criterion.
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that this horse may have been subjected to a targeted attack.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I guess that more video images will emerge which might give a broader picture of events.
Ultimately all horses are unpredictable because they are essentially prey animals. But Police horses are selected for their mental stability and not deployed if they have a tendency to 'spook'. I don't like the word 'bombproof' but it's a common adjective in horsey circles and Police horses definitely meet that criterion.
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that this horse may have been subjected to a targeted attack.
There is a picture going round online of what looks like a bloke about to fire a flare at around 20ft distance. These things don't spook easily.

Chelonian

Reaction score
These things don't spook easily.
Yep, during training and before deployment the horses will have experienced thunderflashes, fireworks, etc. But a sustained attack is something else; just as it would be on a human.

A recent BBC radio clip indicated that the rider sustained fractures to clavicle and ribs plus a punctured lung.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Statue of some old bloke 'lynched' in Bristol apparently because of an incident in Minneapolis, USA.
Avon & Somerset Police express sympathy and understanding with criminal damage suspects. :(

3500.jpg

Kaisamson

Reaction score
Why? What about the convicted terrorist Nelson Mandela, can we dump his statue in the Thames?
If you so wish but do you actually want to remove the statue because of what it represents or would you do it just to try and make a point the same way you only brought it up to try and make a point

thirdtry

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you so wish but do you actually want to remove the statue because of what it represents or would you do it just to try and make a point the same way you only brought it up to try and make a point
Removing any statue is just making a point. Protesting is quite literally just a way of making a point.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I don't want to remove any statues. I disagree with a lot of things, tearing them down to try and convince myself that I'm morally superior to other people is short sighted.

Kaisamson

Reaction score
I don't want to remove any statues. I disagree with a lot of things, tearing them down to try and convince myself that I'm morally superior to other people is short sighted.
Its an unnecessary representation of an awful part of history that no one should have to be or want to be reminded of, it's short sighted to think that being against racism is people trying to be morally superior when infact the movement is entirely about people not being/thinking they're superior