Cop takes a one man stand

Chelonian

Reaction score
I haven't trusted the BBC as a 'definitive' source of news for many years. Because there is no definitive source of news.

The news resources are out there for all of us to make up our own minds.
Read; assess; compare; make judgements and be mentally prepared to adapt, change or even reverse one's initial reactionary stand on an issue.

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
Speaking of BBC reporting and such. I noticed how all these people, especially whites, were protesting about a dead guy in another nation that has no link to us, screaming injustice. Yet I don't remember anything resembling that happening when light was shed on the likes of Rotherham, or the dubious background of the BBC and their connections to child exploitation. These people only attend because it's a popular trend.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Is it true that the chap who has been charged with these killings was on the deportation plane that didn't take off in 2018 because the passengers mutinied about his removal from the UK?

If so, that's some dark stuff these do-gooder passengers will have to live with.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I noticed how all these people, especially whites, were protesting about a dead guy in another nation that has no link to us, screaming injustice.
I have mixed views on this aspect. In the UK our mainstream news media exposes us to global events. In contrast the USA news media often struggles to cover anything other than domestic regional or national events because of a lack of interest. Many US citizens exist in a bubble of ignorance.

One of my own objections to the UK media's coverage of global events is its US-centric policy. For example, the Boston marathon bombing of 15 April 2013 resulted in three deaths and multiple injuries. The media coverage in the UK was overwhelming. A suicide bombing in a Baghdad café three days later caused the deaths of twenty-seven plus multiple injuries. The Baghdad bombing was relegated to the briefest mention while UK citizens virtue-signalled their 'solidarity' with Boston by adjusting Facebook profile pics. :confused:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
What on earth is going on with the law regarding subjudice laws? How are they allowed to say he killed 3 people? I'm all for giving the lad a drop off a long scaffolding if he is found guilty, but he should be entitled to a fair trial.

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-22_231445_www.dailymail.co.uk.png

Chelonian

Reaction score
Burnley and City players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement moments earlier.
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Air Ads will almost certainly have ticked all the CAA boxes relating to the banner.

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 14.16.00.png

It appears that Police officers are permitted to exercise discretion and make a personal decision about political gestures (of any flavour) while in uniform.

160017.jpg

Rover

Reaction score
"It appears that Police officers are permitted to exercise discretion and make a personal decision about political gestures (of any flavour) while in uniform."

So much for 'Without Fear or Favour'!-banghead--banghead--banghead-