Coronavirus (COVID-19)

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Coronavirus: Defence firm Babcock to make 10,000 ventilators

The move comes as tech giant Apple says it will start making face shields for medical workers.

Continue reading...

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Personally I think she should stay in post. Sure, she made a mistake which contradicted the public health message, but if she is the most capable and effective person for the job it seems daft and counterproductive to throw her under the bus for political PR reasons.
I was looking for this yesterday, just managed to find it. It is absolutely true too.

EU6a4D2XsAArhBi.jpg

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking for this yesterday, just managed to find it. It is absolutely true too.

EU6a4D2XsAArhBi.jpg
I have no idea why scotland can't just use the UK government chief medical officer, but I suppose it has to satisfy snp desires for demarcation and making scotland separate even if it has a negative consequence on scottish lives.

corvus

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

EU6a4D2XsAArhBi.jpg
And one that got caught blatantly breaking her own rules, by driving to visit her holiday home an hour away and going for a nice stroll or two on local beaches, then refused to resign until a day or so later when the political and public outcry grew big enough.

Shameful.

Edit:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52177171

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Well worth a read, this is the path the UK was taking before Beth Rigby and Robert Preston took over with Government by media and forced a lock down by panicking everyone.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...f-the-world-engaging-in-a-reckless-experiment

Models showed that people would only accept 30 days of a lock down, time and time again the scientists said not yet. The media piled on and now we have had a lock down, hospitals sit well under capacity. If we have another peak, people won't believe it when they ask for another lock down and many more may die.

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Being a typical old bootneck jumped in to set up an ops room where I live supporting elderly and vulnerable in the area, using kit from the cadet unit its now running with 20+ staff and over 100 volunteers delivering shopping, meals and medicines in a large area using 6 minibuses, all RAs done and its working well, tomorrow out in the van picking up PPE for doctors surgeries and care homes from a distribution deport, also on my round is Headley Court that has been reopened by the military to support the local hospitals as a step down centre. I've got the correct PPE kit and people keep away from me as I shout a lot and my only under lying health issues are 6 bottles of Thatchers Katy occasionally. To many keyboard warriors on social media to quick to diss everyone and blame people but to lazy to get off their fat arses and help.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Being a typical old bootneck jumped in to set up an ops room where I live supporting elderly and vulnerable in the area,
Cracking effort!

For anyone reading this and pondering what he or she might do to help: Think Local.
We all have someone living near us who because of age or illness cannot readily get about to pick up essential groceries or repeat medication. Not everyone can access store delivery slots or pharmacy deliveries.

Older and vulnerable people are also more likely to experience increased anxiety just now and are the least likely to reach out for help. Make contact and give them the occasional telephone call. They might only require a pint of milk and a loaf of bread picked up from a corner shop but even this can make a difference to someone.

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Coronavirus has hit Israel’s ultra-Orthodox Jews disproportionately, but implementing lockdown in those communities has been challenging.

Continue reading...