Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Chelonian

Reaction score
Some may be aware that 295 Troop’s Families’ Day (scheduled for Friday 13 March) has been postponed for precautionary reasons. The line from CTCRM is:

Screenshot 2020-03-10 at 09.38.18.png

CTCRM will issue further guidance on the general situation as circumstances dictate and if significant changes to normal routine occur.

There is considerable speculation on other social media. Although concern is understandable we will endeavour only to post confirmed information from credible sources.

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If the decision were to be taken to cancel PRMC, would candidates be informed through the portal?

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I had one cadet going on an International Exchange to South Korea which has been cancelled. They have offered an alternative exchange to Barbados, now trying to book myself on as Supervising staff !

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
Was going to apply by the end of this month. Looks like the entire procedure is going to be quite long at this rate.

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
I like how it's taken an epidemic to make people wash their hands,properly; though that will soon be forgotten the moment it blows over, and then rinse and repeat.

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I like how it's taken an epidemic to make people wash their hands,properly; though that will soon be forgotten the moment it blows over, and then rinse and repeat.
A lot of questions will be asked after this. Companies like Starbucks who suspended refilling customers private cups.

Well, if they can transfer Covid-19 bacteria to other customers cups, what on earth has it been transmitting before?

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
A lot of questions will be asked after this. Companies like Starbucks who suspended refilling customers private cups.

Well, if they can transfer Covid-19 bacteria to other customers cups, what on earth has it been transmitting before?
This is why I have a preference for Costa.

StormTwooper

Reaction score
This may sound like a daft question but here goes.

Meant to be going to see the boys this weekend and one of the boys workmates whos coming is 'ill'... Now i might be being melodramatic but I'd rather be on the safe side and not go for obvious reasons being in the application stage.. Do I sound sane or a total nutter?

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For those listening to Piers Morgan asking for a total clampdown on movement, he's an idiot, ignore him.

Even if we get rid of it by doing what he says, which is highly remote, one person from anywhere in the world travelling here with it kicks it all off again here. Only option here is managed herd immunity. Otherwise this never ends. Our scientists are spot on.

StormTwooper

Reaction score
I'm going to call my CA later regarding it. But if we go worst case I go to this party and this fella has got it. How detrimental would it be to the application process? So am I right in saying 'avoid it like the plague' - so to speak?

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
I'm going to call my CA later regarding it. But if we go worst case I go to this party and this fella has got it. How detrimental would it be to the application process? So am I right in saying 'avoid it like the plague' - so to speak?
Use common sense. You already know the answer.

As the Coronavirus COVID-19 continues to spread, we recognise and appreciate the increased uncertainty that this is causing among forum users. As @Chelonian has stated, we will endeavour to only post confirmed information from credible sources. Speculation will not help.

Rest assured the situation has the Armed Forces fullest attention. The safety of serving personnel, recruits and their families will always be a top priority. Follow the advice of the precautionary safety measures to ensure your health.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Government is advising those with a new/continuous cough and/or temperature should self-isolate for 7 days to delay the spread of the lurgy. It's a case of looking out for others ahead of recreational preferences, according to their advice.

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
PM and PH England have just been on TV and has advised that the elderly and those with existing health problems should not go on cruise ships.

That's us with a spare two weeks in June now!

Alan

Chelonian

Reaction score
Meant to be going to see the boys this weekend...
With very few exceptions most parties I've attended were massive disappointments in reality and afterwards I asked myself "Why did I even bother?" :confused:

Other than that @Johnny_Anonie summed it up in the first line of his reply.

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As soon as the schools shut all cadet activities will cease, its common sense. It would be terrible if you had got through 28 weeks of training only to be stopped by this.

CallMeLucifer

Reaction score
One small positive from all this, Nanny State UK is well and truly dead and buried.

Anyone heard anyone today debating whether women with penises are blokes or not?

Things just got real
They can have penises, a tramp beard, and use the urinal. They're still birds.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Got to say it's a great time to be proud to be British. Standing next to the PM are two guys that have probably at some point been bullied for their career paths. Yet when the time comes, just like we did at Bletchley Park, we wheel these people out to save us, and they do.

The pressure on these two must be enormous to change their minds and go with the easy short term option of a total lock down. But they stand firm, they trust in what they and they alone know is right and we trust them

We will go through some huge pain, but in 14 weeks this country will be the only one in the world where CoronaVirus will be on the way down and won't be coming back.

It will be then, that we realise just how proud we should be of these two individuals and recognise that they didn't turn when most of us would have.