Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Chelonian

Reaction score
A good number of care home residents are already on Warfarin & Aspirin.
Yep, also the famous hydroxychloroquine (slavishly described by the media only as an anti-malaria drug) favoured by President Trump is a very common prescription in the UK for rheumatoid arthritis. I'll wager that is why his physician has authorised it for him at his age.
Not that Trump will ever admit that he has arthritis, obviously. :)

Chelonian

Reaction score
What is 'safe' is debatable and contested by credible sources.

Some say that 1 metre outdoors is 'safe' but that 3 metres indoors should be the standard. Good news for anyone wanting to sit in a park or on a beach but bad news for public transport and international air travel.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what is scary. I last updated my initial post on this thread on the 14th of March.
The number of deaths I updated the post with was 21.

Harry McRunFast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what is scary. I last updated my initial post on this thread on the 14th of March.
The number of deaths I updated the post with was 21.
I recall looking at Spain and Italy in utter disbelief when they were in the range of 10k deaths. Now the UK has had over 40 thousand COVID deaths. Surreal.

Former AE

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As Prof Van Tam said at the beginning, if we do nothing we will have in excess of 500,000 deaths and 6 million requiring hospital treatment.

sportsman123

Reaction score
I have submitted my application and also my medical forms.
I have a telephone interview today or tomorrow but don't really know what type of questions I will be asked or what I need to know.
Does anybody have any more of an idea of when I will be able to complete an eye test and a face to face medical exam?