Corps Commission

Bassbandy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on here has had experience or is able to shed some light on the process?

I have already asked someone who had attempted to gain a CC, but this was in 2011 and i am curious to know if it is still the same.

Also does being CC have any effect on the outcome of an AIB, I have read on here that there are only a few spaces per batch for CC (if any are awarded), but surely someone with previous military experience is more benificial than someone fresh from uni?

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Chelonian

Reaction score
...but surely someone with previous military experience is more benificial than someone fresh from uni?

Hopefully soemone will be along to answer your specific questions.

On a more general note, the basic qualities and attributes that the Armed Services require for Officers might be equally present in a recent university graduate, a non-grad school leaver or an Other Rank with operational experience.
Being adept at 'green skills' is not enough by itself.

D

dodgyknees

Previous posts on here are correct. Only a few places per year are given over to CC. There are a lot of very good Marines out the there who for various reasons decided not to initially apply as an Officer and as such competition is beyond fierce. As well as being strongly recommended by your Unit, you then still have to go on and pass both POC and AIB with a high enough mark to make one of the two or three precious spots on the batch. This also means that having completed 32 weeks RT, you then sign up for 15 months on the batch. Massive respect to anyone that goes through all that!

Do not rely on this route if you want to be an Officer. It is certainly not easier than joining direct as a civvy. Decide whether you want to be an Officer or Marine and apply accordingly.

Bassbandy

Reaction score
Do not rely on this route if you want to be an Officer. It is certainly not easier than joining direct as a civvy. Decide whether you want to be an Officer or Marine and apply accordingly.

Thanks for the responses, I should have also mentioned that im not actually a commando... im in the RMBS looking for a transfer and CC (odds are already against me for that). If anyone has had that exact experience before i would be suprised...
I know the only way to be certain of being an RM officer is to start as one, but for me that would mean leaving service completly and re applying as a civvi.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I'm in the RMBS looking for a transfer and CC (odds are already against me for that). If anyone has had that exact experience before i would be suprised...

Ah, I thought your username looked familiar. Hope your degree studies are going well.

@Dbass might have some useful input on your query based on his own service.

D

dodgyknees

Thanks for the responses, I should have also mentioned that I'm not actually a commando... I'm in the RMBS looking for a transfer and CC (odds are already against me for that). If anyone has had that exact experience before i would be suprised...
I know the only way to be certain of being an RM officer is to start as one, but for me that would mean leaving service completly and re applying as a civvi.

Fair enough...There was an ex RMBS on this years batch. Not sure what route he took but it shows that it can be done!

Good luck with your application.

Bassbandy

Reaction score
Fair enough...There was an ex RMBS on this years batch. Not sure what route he took but it shows that it can be done!

I know him, troop below me... however he left while still in phase 2 music training, which again i think is a different process. Im not sure how much it differs between a trainee and a trained rank though other than i have a RoS to do.

New Threads