Costochondritis and/or Tietze syndrome likely TMU outcome?

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Catto, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I have as the title suggests Costochondritis/Tietze syndrome. I am currently applying for RMR and have been made TMU understandably.

My question is has anyone else who has had the same condition got through their medical as fit or am i most likely going to be PMU?

I was diagnosed with this around 2 years ago at the time i was advised to rest and not do anything too strenuous. Nowadays I find this has no effect on me when I'm running or doing circuits in fact training has become some what of a remedy.

To be clear Costochondritis/Tietze is basically inflammation of the cartilage that connects each rib to the sternum which causes a varying amount of discomfort in the chest wall and it comes and goes as it pleases. It is treated with ibuprofen which gets rid of it within 2 or 3 days.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

2. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Ask your CA to ask the medical cell that is what they are there for and will hopefully give you a likelihood of outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks for the reply. Ill give them a ring tomorrow.

4. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Just to update this thread with my outcome

I have been clear of any pain from Costochondritis for over a year and today at my medical i was passed fit :)