COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TMU??

Soap_TNDO

Reaction score
Good afternoon gents and everyone else,

I just had my telephone triage call and have been made TMU, which is understandable based on the need for a childhood asthma questionnaire, however the nurse is requested more information on other disclosures than necessary (in my opinion).

Before completing my MQ, I requested a full report from my surgery - which I used to provide relevant documents and references to each disclosure throughout the MQ.

After having my triage call, the nurse suggested that she will be writing to my GP to get more info on the matters that I have already given all the of the information on, because she is writing to my GP for a he Asthma questionnaire anyway.

As we can all appreciate, doctors are up to their eye balls as it is and it will take even longer to gather the information that they have already given me. Personally, it seems very counter productive and time wasting requesting information that they already have, because ‘it would take too long’ for her to go over what I provided.

The nurse mentioned she was new in the role so I am conscious she may be ‘being safer than sorry’ or trying to save her personal time with a busy workload of being a newbie - which I can appreciate and understand, however certainly isn’t in my best interest.

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent or challenge this?

Thanks in advance.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Before completing my MQ, I requested a full report from my surgery - which I used to provide relevant documents and references to each disclosure throughout the MQ.
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Capita are almost certainly contractually obliged to directly contact an applicant's GP rather than merely assuming that medical record information provided by the candidate is accurate and complete.

Soap_TNDO

Reaction score
Completely understandable and appreciated if that is the case, however surely this would contradict the advice us recruits are given on here about obtaining all relevant information beforehand to avoid things like this to save time/efforts if they are just going to write to GP’s anyway?

Sincere apologies if I’m barking up the wrong tree - just trying to get my head around it.

Chelonian

Reaction score
...however surely this would contradict the advice us recruits are given on here about obtaining all relevant information beforehand to avoid things like this to save time/efforts if they are just going to write to GP’s anyway?
It is helpful to have an awareness of what is contained within one's medical records particularly if an appeal is made against a decision. The appeal can then be framed in an effective, structured manner–based upon evidence–which focuses on what is specifically relevant. It is probable that such evidence must be confirmed by one's GP or other appropriate medical professional.

If Capita relied only upon the apparently plausible information supplied by a candidate there would be scope for a candidate to edit his or her medical records if there was content which he or she thought to be adverse.

By the ways, definitions of TMU and PMU can be found here:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/tmu-or-pmu-what-does-it-mean.107555/

Soap_TNDO

Reaction score
Completely understandable and appreciated if that is the case, however surely this would contradict the advice us recruits are given on here about obtaining all relevant information beforehand to avoid things like this to save time/efforts if they are just going to write to GP’s anyway?

Sincere apologies if I’m barking up the wrong tree - just trying to get my head around it.
Ok that’s understandable and makes sense.

Thanks for responding.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
@Soap_TNDO

It is impossible to say how it will impact you without being a medical professional in possession of your full medical history. Perhaps your evidence wasn’t as comprehensive as required?

All you can do is wait out, the information should hopefully confirm that it doesn’t cause you any problems.

At least they are giving you the benefit of the doubt and not just rejecting your application.

Good luck