county court judgements

ChrisL

Reaction score
Im probably *text deleted* get a county court judgement *text deleted* of the foookin DVLA av scamed me! will this stop me from *text deleted* in or not cheers

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Not sure that DVLA gives out out CCJ's buddy. Usually they give out Magistrate Court Fines which is not registered in the public domain the same as CCJ's. Plus CCJ's you have a month to pay them off afterwards which will strike them from your credit record.

That maybe completely crap but I think that is how they work.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
CCJ's are a decent barrier but i don't think they are terminal on their own as far as I know. Ninja is your man on that and I have absolutley no idea about Magistrate court fines.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
CCJ's and defaulted loan payments are indeed a bar to entry until you have resolved them & can produce a letter of satisfaction from your creditors that indicate you have made good the debt. It's all to do with Security Clearance.

Magistrate Court fines for serious motoring offences (drink drive, no licence, no insurance, dangerous driving and suchlike) together with non-motoring civil offence fines carry a 5 year Rehabilitation period from date of conviction, subject to reduction by half if under 17 on date of conviction. Basically any fine that appears on the Police National Computer, paid or unpaid, carries a rehabilitation period (Speeding tickets & parking tickets are not recorded unless you receive a ban). You also have to provide documentary evidence of having paid the fine before you can enter service.