couple of questions lads

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
first-when you go down to Lympstone for your PRMC the kit list says shaving gear does that mean you have to take gear for a wet shave or an electric shaver?

second- as well on the kit list is says 'trunks' does this mean you have to take like boxer short like trunks or can you take plane shorts?
on the prmc DVD it says you have to take trunks but i saw people with knee length shorts on. would they mind what you wear for the swimming assessment?

answers would be brill fellas!

Chris.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Wet shave gear = Razor & shaving gel. I wouldn't take an electric shaver.

Take Speedos mate. I went to buy mine yesterday and yes they are very gay but you're going to have to wear them during RT so better to follow instructions.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
are you allowed to wear those speedo shorts? they are like cycling shorts but for in the water. I would much prefer to wear them

J

Jason_A

I think you can, but you'd probably get a bit of stick from the intstructors. Just get some Speedos, I don't see the problem. They look a bit gay but who cares!

S

Sotiris

You look at any swimming vid during RT and about half the lads are wearing swimming shorts.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the replies fellas!
do you have to shave everyday at PRMC or not?

they do look a bit gay but i think you should be allowed to wear shorts as long they are sensible.
would you get a boll*text deleted**text deleted* from the instructors if you had shorts?

J

Jason_A

The one's who wear shorts are because they have a small.......... Nah, only joking.

Erm, I'm not sure -- you'd have to ask Ninja.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Nevermind if it looks gay, It makes swimming easier, wearing baggy trunks just slows your swimming down.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you have to shave everyday...jesus!!
my face will be cut to bits! i probs only need to shave the day before i go down!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
if you have to shave everyday...jesus!!
my face will be cut to bits! i probs only need to shave the day before i go down!

I'm like that mate,
I've wrecked a couple of towels as they're covered in blood after mopping up one of my shaves,
anyone know if you get a bollocking for cutting your face a lot?

Joe

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm like that mate,
I've wrecked a couple of towels as they're covered in blood after mopping up one of my shaves,
anyone know if you get a bollocking for cutting your face a lot?

Joe

what are you using? A hedgehog?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
what are you using? A hedgehog?

nah sandpaper,
2 blade razor really,
just always seem to cut myself if I want a close shave,
even a Turkish barber cut it when I went for a Turkish shave on holiday,
and they're pros.

Joe

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
blimey, have you tried an electric razor? It might help.

How wet is your face or razor when you shave?

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you arnt allowed electric razors down there, and yes on the PRMC you have to shave every day, even if you dont need to.

Aspiring87

Reaction score
This is going back a few posts but ive seen it a couple of times, but what is wrong with speedos!!?? everyone is worried about gettting in a pair of bannana hammocks! There arent any girls around, its all lads so it doesnt matter if your 1 incher pokes through....just whack them on and go swimming! Dont mean to cause any offence but im just curious why theres so much worry over some speedos...

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
im worried about someone ripping the S off mine

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
blimey, have you tried an electric razor? It might help.

How wet is your face or razor when you shave?

Both are wet,
and I do use shaving foam.

I used to use an electric but I thought as you can't in the Marines I better get used to it.

Aspiring87

Reaction score
Ha true, just keep your soap on a string though and you should be fine!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Both are wet,
and I do use shaving foam.

I used to use an electric but I thought as you can't in the Marines I better get used to it.

I'm sorry mate i can't help ya, i use shaving foam and a normal razor and i am fine, maybe your skin just needs to get used to it. Do you shave often? If worst comes to the worst then just buy some red towels.

Latest posts

New Threads