Couple Of Questions

Roy Brown

Reaction score
A couple of questions i have here fellas. I went for a run round the field yesterday and done a lap around it which is roughly a mile and i was really tired which really annoyed me because i wanted to go around twice. Admittedly i went pretty fast which was wrong since it was only about my 5th run so i am going to go much slower tomorrow. My question is would i be better running at a really slow pace until i get really really tired as this would improve endurance as opposed to short sprinting?

Also since i'm still at school i don't eat much during the day and then only have an apple and banana just before my run which i think might be affecting the run.

The last thing is i got myself a timer and maxed out on situps as i'm pretty comfortable with them and done 60 in 1 min 46 which i was pretty pleased with since it's only my second week of training. But then i got the timer and attempted 2 mins of press-ups and collapsed in a heap after 30 seconds and it's been like that for around the past 7 days! So any tips on improving those press ups as well as my other questions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers as always fellas.

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
firstly not eating enough will affect your performance, you will need to provide your body with energy, but if your going to eat a lot wait an hour or two before running.

for your runs it depends on what you want, for endurance go slowly and run for as long as possible, if you want to improve on your time for 1.5 miles then run quickly but only for the 1.5 miles.

personally i think it would be best to do a mixture of both as that would get you in the best shape for the PRMC, whenever your doing it, your still in scholl so it could be while yet

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah a mix of both running types is good. its suggested that you do 1 or 2 long distance runs a week, most people will say that long distance is 5 miles and over. but (and im not trying to put you down) from what you said, long distance for you could be about 3 miles. either way at the start of training its always best to go for time rather than distance. so do a 15 minute run and get as far as possible and do a 30 minute run and get as far as possible and keep track of how far you get. then when you have done 3 miles or over in 30 mins start looking at distance at speed, so 3 miles in 20 mins etc. or whatever you feel comfortable doing.

and for press ups just practice, do them whenever you can.