Cpl John Prettyjohns RM 1st VC winner

Royal2010

Commando Training Wing & Drill Instructor
Reaction score
After finding out our 1st VC winner is buried in my native Manchester I thought I would go down and pay my respects to the big man. I cleaned his grave down a bit and placed a little 'gizzit' that I had made, so that any passer-by can read about his endeavours in gaining the VC. If you live in the North West, pay a visit to South Manchester Cemetery. If you are starting the ROP anytime soon, learn about this man! He will come handy for inspections.
IMG_4739.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
After finding out our 1st VC winner Is buried in my native Manchester I thought I would go down and pay my respects to the big man. I cleaned his grave down a bit and placed a little 'gizzit' that I had made so that any passer-by can read about his endeavours in gaining the VC. If you live in the North West pay a visit to South Manchester Cemetery. If you are starting the ROP anytime soon, learn about this man! He will come handy for inspections.
IMG_4739.JPG

That’s actually decent. Good to see.

I love finding out about local people with history. Some really good stuff goes unnoticed and just gets forgotten about.