crap run

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know the answer is probably shut up and get on with it, but does anyone else ever suffer from having a real *text deleted**text deleted*ty run when you've got nothing in you.

I've got two weeks till PRMC, and have been relativley happy(ish) with my phys. However,this morning, after an early night last night, i had a run that would have been worthy of Rik Waller, and am ashamed to say two miles in had dead legs and.........STOPPED!

Cant believe it. Especially as PRMC is two weeks away. I'm working for a couple of hours at the mo, then i'm *text deleted* do a bleep test, and will then retry the run later on this evening.

Biggest confidence knocker ever. Never stopped during a run either. Anyone else ever suffered the same thing?

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
ye ive had the same effects before aswell mate, i got to roughtly same as you about 2 mile in. i just felt exhausted was finding my breathing hard for some strange reason, so i stopped had a 1-2 min rest and then carried on with the rest of the run. feels strange when it happens and cant understand why i felt that way *text deleted*.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i get that problem too im afraid to say ...

most of the time i can crack out my 4-5 mile run ok in a pretty decent time

but there are some times i get bout half way and just think wtf and my legs *text deleted* *text deleted* do anything *text deleted*

tho ive never stopped on my runs till i finish, and if i do it in a bad time (or just not as good as usual) i "punish" myself by making myself complete another 1 mile or something...makes me feel a little better if im annoyed with my time *text deleted*

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea, I've had the same problem to, get to about 2 miles and lungs feel like there going to give in and legs burn *text deleted*. I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about, we've all had it by the sounds of it.

MisterP

Reaction score
It happened to me once, just out of the blue. Went out for a run as normal and on the way back my legs just started to seize up and felt mega heavy, i tried to push on as far as i could, as i've never stopped on a run before, but eventually i had to and walked the last mile home. It took me about 3 days for my legs to recover too. Hasn't happend since and i'm hoping it won't again. Going down for my PRMC this tuesday, so it would be a disaster if that happened then as i don't have a clue what caused it.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i guess its just your body telling you it wants a rest. like many others, it happened to me, gave it about a day and was fine after and i also found if i dont drink enough water and eat enough food before my run during the day then it will happen to me again.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers fellas, im glad to say i got my best bleep test score straight after, and after doing some revision im *text deleted* crack the run again. fingers crossed this time!