Creatine abroad..

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Arite guys, off round the world 2 weeks today for 5 n a half weeks which should be tasty..

going aussie n nz first but i want to take the 5 n a half weeks supply of my shakes with me n just wondered if anyone knew if thats likely to be possible or if i risk chance of it getting taken out of my luggage at customs..?

cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Have a nice trip.

With regard the supplements, just go to the airline website & check out carriage regulations banned items. At risk of starting another dreary thread on the subject, supplements are neither required nor recommended during RT.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the stuff is freeze dried powder so it should be fine, though it will be adding a few extra kg to your luggage...

By the way Ninja, have there been reports conducted into training at CTC and the use of supplements? I imagine they probably have but...

y3Lo

Reaction score
will you even be training? if so it's pretty pointless taking it. im sure a few weeks without it wont hurt you

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Creatine doesn't make a big enough difference to bother going through the hassle of taking it everywhere you go

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Creatine doesn't make a big enough difference to bother going through the hassle of taking it everywhere you go

Exactly, and if you really want it that bad why not buy small tubs or sachets wherever you go instead of lugging a huge tub around.

SatanSmiling

Reaction score
To answer your question, and not give you irrelevant advice about not taking it *text deleted* it'll be too heavy, I've taken Creatine with me to USA, Barbados, Europe and India. You'll have no problems at all as there's nothing illegal about it. Especially at rugby loving nations like Aus and NZ.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
aaaagh brilliant..

well its not complete creatine, its musclemaxi's cyclone formula..

but its made a huge difference to my general strength...

im 61 kg n in the last month have gone from benchin 60 to 90.. (1 rep max) but can comfortably pull out sets of 80

its nt really done much too fitness tho..

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but what happens when you stop using it in basic training... read about it, your muscles relapse. All that *text deleted**text deleted* does is bulk you, and mass doesn't equate to strength - it infact makes you heavier thus less likely to perform a good solid amount of pressups/pullups etc.

Spotted Frog

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother taking any with you at all. To start with you can get the same stuff out there.

Secondly I spent 3 months doing the same and gained a stone just by eating loads and carrying my backpack all over.

Have a wicked time. Might bump into you, I might be going to Oz to visit family early next year.

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the advice guys... i think i will probably leave it, the thought of having muscle troubles for the start of rt just aint really worth it..

and ye small chance *text deleted* but possibly..

im doin the worlds biggest bungee jump, ill get the vid and post it when im back for satisfaction of watchin a guy scream like a bitch.. :D

SatanSmiling

Reaction score
Yeah but what happens when you stop using it in basic training... read about it, your muscles relapse. All that *text deleted**text deleted* does is bulk you, and mass doesn't equate to strength - it infact makes you heavier thus less likely to perform a good solid amount of pressups/pullups etc.

I know this isn't the place to discuss supplements, but this is the kind of wrong advice you shouldn't take.
What Callum's written there is just incorrect. It's fine if you don't want to take creatine on holiday...it's won't really cause any ill effects if you don't.
This stuff about relapse and not getting strength is complete bullsh*t.
I don't want to go into a science lesson here, but creatine in muscles allows formation of ATP, so the more you have the more exercise (albeit anaerobic) you can do. So it does give you strength, and it definitely allows me to do more pull ups. Your muscles do shrink and you do lose a bit of strength after you've stopped taking it, but this cant be termed "relapse". It's just that the water that creatine draws into your muscles leaves.
I don't want to go into much more detail here about the effects on running and stuff, but I'm sure you'll find it somewhere else.

y3Lo

Reaction score
i take a bit of creatine for my gym work, and can definately tell the difference when i do or dont use it. i also swim competitively and took it before a race and found i performed a little better.