cross trainer Vs Treadmill

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
basically just a quick question, Is the cross trainer just as good as the tread mill for improving your fitness & running?

*text deleted* just started training using the treadmill alot and feel im improving but after reading sooo much on shin splints im trying to do everything to avoid them i dont have them , im currently using addidas bounce, but i plan on going to a specalised running store to get customised trainers.

But i dont get payed for 2 weeks so i was going to leave running for 2 weeks and use the cross trainer instead.. Does this still improve fitness and running?

DamageInc85

Reaction score
Are they as good as treadmills?
No, cross trainers are a complete waste of space.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
personaly i think rowing and cycling would be a much better choice for low impact cardio than a crosstrainer.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not paid so no running?
Thought running was free:blink: Should be running outdoor if your training for the forces they much prefer it as the environment and difficulty is very much different.And cross trainers suck ass. Its a womans toning(waste the money) tool.

Get your ass outside and run! never *text deleted* get those shin splits otherwise haha.

But seriously - i would recommend getting a correctly fitting and supporting shoe, then taking all your running outside. Treadmill just doesnt cut it for this kinda work.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* i dont get payed for 2 weeks so i cant buy them trainers yet. The thing is cause *text deleted* just started training im building my CV up at the gym for a while, trying to complete the 1.5mile and 3mile runs in the right time which i m still building to do and when im comfortable with it il move on the out door world, after reading your comment i think il stay away from the cross trainer and get stuck in on the treadmill.

danny12

Reaction score
cross trainers are a waste of time mate. Tredmill much better for working your CV. Running outdoors in even better than tredmill and its free!

simsie

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted here. Yeah, cross trainers aint great. I've run into a bit of a problem recently tho. There were floods in Belfast a few weeks ago and I slipped and fell down a flight of concrete steps outside my apartment. Slipped and twisted my leg and now have a *text deleted**text deleted*ing groin and hip injury. Just damaged tissue and i'm getting physio, although I cant run at all right now so the cross trainer's what i'm using until it gets better.

I hate those *text deleted**text deleted*ing things.

New Threads