Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Current affairs at the moment and opinions

Discussion in 'Current & Military Affairs Discussion Forum.' started by GreyTintin, May 22, 2017.

1. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The black standard isn't quite like the symbol of peace in Hinduism. The black standard as always been a flag of jihadi uprising. And of the Abbasid Caliphate.

So unless there's a Jolly Roger on it, I would be getting twitchy.

The Muslim community has ring fenced itself. That blatant denial just shows the automatic knee jerk reaction. Unfortunately liberals only see what they want to see.
    They are self sequestering, they don't want to intergrate.

We have tried to be tolerant, people get killed. We have tried to open dialogue, people get killed. We tried humour, people got killed.

We aren't just taking the horse to water, we are laying on a full spread, with gormet finger buffets and dessert and we are still making excuses for the horse not drinking, and ignoring the fact the horse is kicking the sh!t out of our kids.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Put it this way. You invite me to your house. I insult you, you ignore it. I slap you, you ignore it, I punch you, you ignore it, I *text deleted* in your kids..... you get the idea, at what point do you turn around and say enough is enough.

Sadly we have let it run too far. It would have been easier to keep it in check and stand by our values and morals and western culture from the start.

I cite Rotherham as a case. Police too scared of being called racist.
    Police unsure of how to tackle domestic abuse in ethnic marriages and households, and are too scared to raise the issue without being labelled racist.

How do you censor the population? Make them censor themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thats a point, how long till they demand to be able to control their wife(ves) in the way their tradition allows, till the Police can't protect these women and children? Before they're too tied down by backlash, PC and all that garbage to get involved and assert the British laws.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

It's already a huge issue that's being ignored. I brought it up with a liberal I know, and she automatically called me s racist for it.
    Despite the huge growing number of domestic abuse charities that don't know how to report it or tackle it.
    It's bubbling under the surface, just like the issue of radicalism in our prisons.

There are so many issues ignored by the mainstream media, no wonder so many people are turning to independent news providers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. OldmanL

OldmanL Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Can anyone here really see the U.K or the world for that matter in 10years, 20years , 30years and longer, not having to deal with terrorist acts like this ? My honest opinion, bleak as it may seem is that this is with us forever, a disease that we've only detected far too late which has manifested itself globally. Whatever acts governments take, will only push people who's ideology is so morally screwed already that they react the same regardless.

Humans have been killing each other from the dawn of time it only makes sense that they find other excuses and different tools to do it with.

ahhh.. that sounds miserable. Have a good Friday night fellas :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I find it funny how Liberals say they promote free speech, fact based arguments and other opinions, but they use their free speech to try to strangle that of anyone who disagrees with them, usually when proved wrong.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 4
  7. cc1

cc1 (former RM)

Not if she shits on you first...

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    By both parties? Do you believe extremists are currently following human rights laws?

9. Duff1996

Duff1996 Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Of course I don't. I find it astonishing that the solution that many have come to is violence and eradication of Human Rights to allow martial conduct through the judicial system. Yes, increase security, yes increase monitoring, yes increase education and focus groups, yes intervene more readily, but really, getting rid of Human rights is dangerous for both parties.

It legitimises war crimes, not just for terrorists, but for states, it legitimises state brutality, it legitimises authoritarian rule. There are other ways to meet violence than violence, which in this case is quite appropriate. We are not fighting a war with guns and bullets, we did that in Afghanistan, and Al Qaeda simply dispersed to form factions elsewhere. We are fighting a war of ideologies, and when you believe in martyrdom and life (as we know it) being a teleological process in your existence, terrorists do not care about violence or the consequences they suffer. It needs to be wiped out at grass root level in the long run.

In the short term however, I suggest we do stop imminent threats, I suggest we do give the police more powers to search and investigate, I suggest that we do amend the legal system to accommodate for this new threat, but the ridding of Human rights to "Lock people up and throw away the key" is a very very dangerous moral precipice for every citizen of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

My own thoughts are there is no magic bullet to stop such atrocities occurring, sadly. And that's not being defeatist, merely pragmatic.

On the face of it, deportation, incarceration and stemming immigration are seemingly logical preventative or limiting long term measures, amongst other more radical considerations.

Poor communications and the inability to adequately articulate and express the frustration felt are probably key issues. People want some form of tangible result and definitive action to be taken, I know I do, but what?

The UK media's reporting of Jeremy Corbyn's recent comments is a prime example of the press whipping-up hysteria and outrage rather than helping people consider potential solutions and potential future implications. For the record, I do not support his viewpoints. I totally get his inability to make a statement without it becoming a parody of Monty Python's "Life of Brian" stoning scene, aka: "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah", though.

During WWII my Mum, then a child, escaped from an air raid shelter in which 160+ men, women & children were killed by a direct hit in November 1940. Not terrorism though, because the atrocity was committed by an elected government.

Spin forward to the eradication of 100+ wedding guests by drone strikes in Afghanistan because there were maybe a half dozen known "terrorists" in among the group. Not terrorism though, because the atrocity was committed by an elected government.

Again, no solutions to offer, only observations to consider. Sadly, mass killings of innocents are nothing new. The anger, frustration, outrage and futility felt at such times are entirely justified.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes. We are shocked by incidents such as that at the Manchester Arena bombing because they are so very rare.
    My old pa had no time for the current fashion for vigils and two-minute silences after terrorist attacks or other tragedies. His logic—which I had difficulty opposing—was that if such emotive events had taken place during WW2 everyone would have been too preoccupied with dropping flags to half-mast and contemplating their shoes while stood in silence to actually fight and win the war.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
  12. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Difference is, they were actually doing things to win.

We are just inviting the enemy to live within our homes, walk amongst us, unchecked then complain when it back fires against us.

Meanwhile the politicians continue their facade, avoiding questions with smoke screen rhetoric and refuse to accept the real issues, or offer and actual solution.

• Like Like x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes, and as importantly the enemy was known, identified and named.

14. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Exactly. So how can open borders, and uncontrolled immigration help that?

The woman in this video has massive huge balls to come forward and say this on TV and It wouldn't surprise me if we seen news articles later about her facing backlash from her own community. She has literally shut down all the British liberal apologists, and said what no one else can, without fear of being labelled a bigot or a racist. (Even though Islam isn't a race).

Notice she isn't wearing a headscarf, and the other Muslim woman is, and says that golden line "not to my knowledge" which is code for "I don't know anything but automatically denying the claim because I am brainwashed but if it comes back that I am talking boll0cks I can shrug it off as not knowing"

Not knowing through actual ignorance and actively ignoring is a big big difference.

There is a huge elephant in the room. And we keep ignoring it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    • Like Like x 3
  16. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  17. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I have a sneaky feeling you'll be a fan of his other videos, search for Jonathon Pie.

18. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    I'm not much one for commenting on these type of posts but didn't anyone else spot the guys in military gear at the granby street raid, also last year around this time the arndale centre had a terrorism drill/exercise.

19. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Its not uncommon for immortals to join CTSFOs/SCO19 in counter terror raids, just uncommon for them to be video'd or photographed.

There were loads of drills held this last year, and the Arndale centre is a prime choice for a drill, I don't think these any reason to believe this was a flase-flag or anything like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DutyWretch

DutyWretch Royal Marines Commando

On one small plus side, at least Amber Rudd (Home Secretary) has announced that we are (finally!) implementing 'exclusion from return' powers.

These powers block British (chortle) citizens from returning from Islamic war zones to Britain.

And that the powers have been used on more than one individual recently, and for the first time.

My question is: why did it take so fkn long?

• Like Like x 4