Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Current fitness levels

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Griff149, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi guys,

Applying for RMR and going down to my local holding troop on Wednesday to run a BFT which if successful will likely lead to me getting loaded onto a RMR PRMC on 28th Feb. Feeling slightly nervous about fitness levels..

As stands my stats are:

3 mile 1.5 return: 10:28 (with crossing roads) I think I could do about 10:00 with no crossings etc, about 9:30 on treadmill

press ups: 35
    Pull ups: 8
    Sit ups: 50
    Bleep test (from fresh about a month ago): 11

I’ve got another 5 weeks to prepare and work on my bodyweight exercises, just worried about how far I am off the mark after reading some of the PRMC diaries..

Going to be working hard these coming weeks, would just appreciate any insight from anyone that’s been and done it as to how close I am to the mark really.

cheers

2. StrSam

StrSam Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    5 weeks is plenty of time to improve scores mate. They arent looking too bad as they are, but if you keep increasing them over the next month you'll be fine. Just keep on practicing the bft and smashing the bodyweight workouts!
    I passed my prmc with a 10:29 bft if that helps you with some confidence boosting, although my gym scores were pretty strong to bump up my points.

3. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    How’ve you managed to get a RMR PRMC mate? I’m joining RMR and been told RMR PRMC doesn’t exist anymore. I’m on regular PRMC on 25th Feb. Good luck with it mate, keep at it and dig in deep!

4. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Who’s told you that? From my understanding there are a few RMR PRMC’s run, some actually take place at Wandsworth I believe although one on 28th is at CTC. Not sure if things are perhaps changing going forward maybe?

5. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks, that’s good to know. Will keep working on the bodyweight scores to make sure I can crack 4 points on all the gym tests and hopefully that will carry me through!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

My understanding is that PRMC (R) were once exclusively 'in house' but that in the past year candidates are often being loaded onto Regular PRMCs. This does not mean that the 'in house' courses are a thing of the past.

7. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Makes sense. Also with the (only) recruit intake for RMR being in August, and the next PRMC (R) at CTC apparently being at the end of June, it would be a bit risky to wait for this date in case anything went wrong, as opposed to just going on a regular PRMC earlier in the year.

8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Interestingly the PRMC results which we currently drag out of the Royal Navy contained a new footnote from PRMC 19-022 (October 2019):

(2) Figures show Royal Marines Regular withdrawals

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/prmc-results-2019-2020.121596/#post-689263

One deduction might be that Reserve candidates are now attending courses at CTCRM on a more established basis.

9. 14HOS94

14HOS94 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Both my AFCO and Sergeant responsible for booking potential RMR onto PRMC’s. Not too fussed either way as I’m not sure what the difference is between PRMC(R) and PRMC.

I’m booked onto PRMC on 25th Feb!