Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Current New Joining Process - V-PJFT & ROP

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by The guide, May 2, 2020.

1. browner467

browner467 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I appreciate it differs however what is the current timescale from application to vPJFT?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Just to update with regards the PM statement this evening.

There are no changes currently envisaged to the present recruiting process. AFCO staff are still working remotely and the AFCO's are not open to 'walk-in' enquirers for the time being.

Recruiting & recruit training is still ongoing.

Be aware there will be a fair backlog of applications due to the ongoing restrictions due to social distancing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. james93h

james93h New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi People!
    Ive already passed PJFT and was waiting for a prmc would i still need to do the vPJFT before I progress?

4. future-commando

future-commando Active Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    The delays with medicals are going to be a real kick in the teeth! Having said that the process looks rather promising and the ROP seems like it will produce much better results in regards to recruit fitness levels on approach to RT. Also taking into account it will reduce the risk of injury. I'm guessing we should still train towards PRMC standards to prep for the ROP?

Thank you for this thread! It's extremely helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I was in the same boat and received my vPJFT briefing. I'd assume the next stage will also be the same for yourself.

6. Harry McRunFast

Harry McRunFast Valuable Contributor

Should I be worried that I haven’t heard anything? -nailbiting-

7. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I wouldn't be, I was a bit concerned myself when I first saw the posts about the vPJFT and hadn't heard from my AFCO but I think with all that's going on it's just a matter of waiting. I'm sure they'll be in contact!

8. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

• Like Like x 1
  9. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Must've missed that, apologies.

10. sbradb

sbradb Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Has there been any update as to what the Commando Aptitude Assessment at the end of the ROP will entail?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trooper149

Trooper149 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Has there been any info on Officer candidates and ROPs?

12. The guide

There is a little rush to address RMO entries as only one intake a year, so plenty of time to review the issue as restrictions ease RMO VPJFT is in liely to go into a trial process. In regards to this year's intake, if you are not a way through the process its is unlikely you will be in it and also as AIB has a large backlog.

RMO is one area that recruiting is not an issue.!

13. thirdtry

thirdtry Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Guide, is there a possibility of candidates approaching the upper age limit, that are already into the RM OR process (awaiting VPJFT+, security clearance in progress) of switching or is it almost guaranteed too late?

I am 25 now and quite aware that I've likely missed the opportunity but taking some real thinking time recently has really made me consider a push for YO if at all possible.

14. Private_Ryan

Private_Ryan Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What would you say a ways through is, have a friend who should've done POC but awaiting to hear what the alternative is?

15. The guide

@Private_Ryan , Sorry to say he has to wait like everyone else there is no way "around" it or currently an alternative process for the very reasons in the post above.

16. Private_Ryan

Private_Ryan Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sorry, I didn't mean it in a fast track sense, I was asking if you knew if it was a case of those who had already passed POC would only be able to advance through to septembers intake, or if a vPJFT for officers would continue through, as there is an audio for it.

17. The guide

Very much depends on their application and if they have done AIB, can't really answer the question I'm afraid except a officers PJFT is still in trial only.

18. Private_Ryan

Private_Ryan Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thank you anyways!

19. smashlegs

smashlegs Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I haven’t been on the forum for a while as I’ve just kept my head down and been grinding with the phys, so I’m completely out of the loop with selection now it’s changed. Having read this i guess I need to test myself with the vPJFT, where can I find this?

Also is there any information on what’s required of a candidate who passes the vPJFT and is loaded onto a ROP? I.e criteria testing. Same goes for the CAA?

I just want to make sure I’m fully prepared

20. smashlegs

smashlegs Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

Found the video and practiced the movements then did the warm up, straight into the test after and passed. All I will say is my form was slightly off during the last 7 or so reps of my burpees so I’ll keep doing this so polish them up.