Current New Joining Process - V-PJFT & ROP

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
A simple answer is that you will have to back read the threads covering these subjects as all the current info is in them. Nothing further available at the minute I,m afraid.

smashlegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A simple answer is that you will have to back read the threads covering these subjects as all the current info is in them. Nothing further available at the minute I,m afraid.
Yeah I did that just wanted to know if there was any further info but obviously not

ODB

Reaction score
I know this will vary, but roughly how quickly will you begin training after completing the VPJFT?

jaketyghoust

Reaction score
I know this will vary, but roughly how quickly will you begin training after completing the VPJFT?
I passed the VPJFT on June the 18th and have been given the start date of the 14th of September. it's a bit more of a gap because of summer leave in August.

ODB

Reaction score
I passed the VPJFT on June the 18th and have been given the start date of the 14th of September. it's a bit more of a gap because of summer leave in August.
Great cheers mate. Good that it's not too long as I'd like to get started but probably could do with getting a bit fitter to be honest.

Drake98

Reaction score
This post should be directed to the overseas section but I would like to ask the question here. Since ROP has been a success and a smooth process for recruits, what is the fate of commonwealth applicants....?

Chelonian

Reaction score
Since ROP has been a success and a smooth process for recruits, what is the fate of commonwealth applicants....?
To be honest these are two separate issues.

1. ROP is a very recent innovation and is currently being assessed.

2. I understand that the volume of Commonwealth applicants has created an admin backlog, coupled with further delays associated with COVID-19.

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I was informed by my AFCO this morning when I went to book my VPJFT that I may have to do a face to face medical first, despite completing triage, my careers advisor said he was sent a memo and was going to find out more. I am not sure when my face to face medical will be but I had been practicing a lot for my PJFT so I am a little frustrated as I had been sent an invite and booking instructions but I realise my careers advisor is doing his best to help and get clarity on the situation which I understand is changing a lot.
Thanks

Tractors

Reaction score
does anyone have any info on what the current situation is with interviews in the AFCO, are they still being conducted over the phone or are they now interviewing people inside the actual buildings?

browner467

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is there currently an average time from interview to ROP? I’ve had my P45 from Glasgow, just awaiting my former service documents before I can continue!

PopStop

Reaction score
It’s normally around 3-6 months the application progress If I’m going in Sep/Oct I will 5/6 month mark :)
Is there currently an average time from interview to ROP? I’ve had my P45 from Glasgow, just awaiting my former service documents before I can continue!

Jrod7

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it will take from passing vpjft to joining ROP? Got my vpjft on 10th of August and hoping to start as soon as there is availability after that

ODB

Reaction score
Just spoke to my recruiter on the phone. I've just put in my academic quals and need to do medical stuff, interview and vpjft. He said this could take anywhere between 3-9 months as there is a back log. Really hoping it's not 9 months haha, will just have to use it to get fitter.

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello :)
Please can I have some help with my vPJFT, I have my test next Monday,
With regards to the warm up is it best to warm up before you join the zoom chat with the PTI?
Please can I also ask is how people got around the issue of the audio tape being on youtube because I am a bit concerned someone will call me or message halfway through the test and this will interrupt the assessment, I could put the phone on airplane mode but this wont allow me to play the youtube video so I was just wondering if there was a way of downloading the track to use offline,
I have done the test 4 times now and have been practicing the individual components I had issues with separately but unfortunately I had quite a bad run through yesterday which has really knocked my confidence as it went well last saturday, my form on the plank was off as i was looking at the floor and not ahead and i don't normally have any issues with this exercise, I wasnt looking forwards during my burpees and my hands left my temples on a few of the situps. I wasn't feeling very positive before the test and i think this negatively impacted my performance.

Many thanks :)

craner

Reaction score
In my opinion, warm up before definitely. Instead of airplane mode, go on to settings and put your phone on ‘do not disturb’ you can schedule a time slot where phone calls won’t get through to you, that should cover it. Don’t worry about the bad run throughs, you can’t do your best effort every time, learn from why it was a poor run through and use that to your advantage next time, use it as a lesson rather than let it defeat you, let it strengthen you for next time.
You know what you did wrong, focus on that the next Practice runs. Confidence is key.
Good luck

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, warm up before definitely. Instead of airplane mode, go on to settings and put your phone on ‘do not disturb’ you can schedule a time slot where phone calls won’t get through to you, that should cover it. Don’t worry about the bad run throughs, you can’t do your best effort every time, learn from why it was a poor run through and use that to your advantage next time, use it as a lesson rather than let it defeat you, let it strengthen you for next time.
You know what you did wrong, focus on that the next Practice runs. Confidence is key.
Good luck

Thankyou very much for your advice mate,
Thats a great idea about the do not disturb mode I didn't think of that,
Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do another run through as I have really bad delayed onset muscle soreness in my lower back and legs as i did a few more runs through of the circuit than I was used to, I hope it recovers by Monday!

craner

Reaction score
Thankyou very much for your advice mate,
Thats a great idea about the do not disturb mode I didn't think of that,
Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do another run through as I have really bad delayed onset muscle soreness in my lower back and legs as i did a few more runs through of the circuit than I was used to, I hope it recovers by Monday!
No worries bud, just don’t defeat yourself and get in your own head ! Not worth it, make sure you stretch out every day until then and you’ll be absolutely fine & on the day don’t defeat yourself, it’s only 15 minutes of pain.
Good luck mate !

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No worries bud, just don’t defeat yourself and get in your own head ! Not worth it, make sure you stretch out every day until then and you’ll be absolutely fine & on the day don’t defeat yourself, it’s only 15 minutes of pain.
Good luck mate !
Thanks very much for your encouragement mate, my back feels a lot better now hopefully the DOMS will be gone by Sunday :)