Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

current rmr application process

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Meridian2, May 19, 2020.

1. Meridian2

Meridian2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Please could someone confirm the application process for Rmr at this current time.. my understanding is..

Online application, video interview, no nsrt instead recruitment review academic qualifications, telephone medical triage call.

Do I then complete vpjft+ before joining holding troop? Or join holding and then attend pjft/prmc when they deem it appropriate?

Also if anyone knows when rmr Nottingham next troop intake is due to start?

Thank you

2. Kingsman

Kingsman Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    RMR is still up in the air about what’s happening, even those of us who are through the process and were about to start training don’t know yet, but once they know what’s happening you’ll be told

3. Biggles

Biggles Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hi lads I'm told that in June RMR detachments will be invited for admin and then RROP program from September at local unit (I'm London detachment).

Maybe its similar for you guys where you are but your AFCO will probably notify you soon enough. Its all a bit up in the air currently!

4. Quenners

Quenners Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Good to hear things might be moving, thanks for the info! I'm London too mate, providing the rest of my application runs smoothly. Any ideas on how long RROP might last?

5. Griff149

Griff149 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    One month (2x saturdays and 4x Tuesday drill nights) with the CAA weekend at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I asked a similar question at the end of my interview today, moreso around the ROP.

He advised me that if I passed my VPJFT+ and my triage call went OK, I'd be in Septembers holding troop, which was in fact the deferred April holding troop. In terms of the potential for ROP following VPJFT+ for RMR recruits, he couldn't advise me what exactly would be happening. Particularly because of the grey area surrounding the difficulties the RMR intake would have securing an additional 4 weeks away from civvy jobs. Difficult one!

Think it will all become apparent in the near future though.

If that's the case, then that would be ideal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Meridian2

Meridian2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Can you pass the vpjft if you don't complete all the repetitions of all exercises in all three rounds?
    For example if you manage to complete it apart from last few reps of sit ups in each round etc..

8. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I thought that not keeping in time with the beep/resting constituted a fail, but looking back through my candidate's brief I cant find anything which directly states that so I may be wrong.

9. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I've been curious to know this as well.

As much to my understanding their are minimum, expected and maximum scores for each of the three exercises on the traditional PRMC.

For instance I think with the pull ups it's a min of 3, target of 13 and a max of 16. Wonder if the cumulative scores between 3 of each exercises in the VPJFT+ are totalled up to a final score?

Can't find anything about it though to be honest it's that new.

10. Johnwayne

Johnwayne Active Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’m confident in saying that everything must be done to the beep and all reps must be completed in time and with correct form. I don’t think the VPJFT works on a points system like PRMC.

The VPJFT is by no means easy, but that being said it is a whole lot easier than spending 5 days down at CTC for PRMC.

They’ve asked some of the guys on here to complete 4 rounds instead of 3, so I’d recommend being comfortable with completing 4 rounds before you attempt it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Smurfy0103

Smurfy0103 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks @Johnwayne - I thought as much. Completing it all as comfortably as possible is the goal without a doubt.

Completely agree that the requirements as a whole, must be easier than the PRMC.

I thought because the rep count of each exercise for VPJFT was almost the same as the entire max rep count on PRMC, I wasnt sure if it would be treat in the same way ie points.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Griff149

Griff149 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just to confirm this 100% for you mate, if you miss a bleep that’s an automatic fail. You get 3 warnings for poor form and anything further is a fail.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 2
  13. Biggles

Biggles Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    This is my understanding too. I have mine in next couple of weeks. Ive been training for 4 rounds and completing that fine. Shame they aren't testing pull-ups too.

Anyone any word on whether they will advance it to 5 rounds?

14. Quenners

Quenners Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Don't throw anything else in the rumour mill!! ;)

• Like Like x 3