Current RMR pay (2017), bounty, commitment etc

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Mehmetm, Jun 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

1. Mehmetm

Mehmetm New Member

Hi everyone,

I have an interview for the role of RMR soon and doing relevant research. It will be great help if I can have information on the current RMR pay (Including bounty), the commitment required in terms of contract and possibly the RMR terms and conditions or a web link presenting the terms and conditions. Also, I understand the Basic Fitness Test will be ran outdoors in a squad, where would this be held?

Thanks,

Mehmet

2. Mr J

Mr J Royal Marines Commando

Hi Mehmet,

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/royal-marines/royal-marines-reserves/royal-marines-reservist - A useful link.

I think when I started phase 1a recruits were paid around £35 a day. Bounty in your first year is around £400. In terms of a contract, the RMR is slightly different from the regulars that there's no minimum return of service. Essentially you can leave the RMR at any point once you've given a months notice (presumably due to the extensive potential difficulties in combining civilian life with a military role).

The PRMC, which includes a BFT, is run on roads as a squad. This is held at CTCRM.